Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall

VaPatentman

We were called  by our supervisor  on the company  radio  yesterday,telling us to check our extinguishers on all our equipment. Thanks  for  posting  VaPatentman.  Al  

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, j hancock said:

Has anyone received their replacement?  10-15 business days has gone by for me and the mailbox is still empty.

My dads still waiting too, About 20 days for him.   I just checked mine Sunday and only 1 was affected.  

12 hours ago, j hancock said:

Has anyone received their replacement?  10-15 business days has gone by for me and the mailbox is still empty.

Jim, I have received 2 of the 5 under recall they came via FedEx Ground on 2 different days. My FedEx Ground experiences haven’t been great. In my area, FedEx ground = a deadbeat that has an old worn out truck that can’t back up your drive and uses your yard instead, then leaves your package at the foot of the steps on a rainy day Tried to use “MISHANDLED” as my user name on FedEx Website to track packages and was informed it had already been taken. Go figure.

Kidde sends a label with the replacement for you to package and return defective item. FedEx Ground will come pick it up, I asked for a receipt and the driver said they don’t give them out. So my only proof of sending them back were the photos I took of them on his truck.----GOOD-LUCK

Hmm, I just saw this post.   I have a few of these around, guess I need to check the numbers.

Luckily we have UPS and FedEx at work so I don't have to check my front yard for wet/snowy boxes......:huh:

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

On 11/4/2017 at 8:17 PM, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Everyone should do themselves a favor and never, ever buy a fire extinguisher with a plastic head and valve assembly. Spend a few extra bucks and go metal. Amerex is a good choice. 

I just went to their website.    Ok, someone explain this to me??

http://amerex-fire.com/products/camo-units/

"CAMO" fire extinguishers??   Really?   You want something like this in "camo"?    Geezus what is the world coming to?  I can see it now........

Yardo: "Sir why didn't you use a fire extinguisher?"

Home owner: "well, I know I had them, but couldn't fit it"

Yardo:  "You couldn't find it?  Why not?"

Homeowner:  "Well sir, I got the "camo" version because I'm a redneck and thought it was cool, but I guess since it blended in with everything I couldn't find it when I really needed it".

Yardo:  shakes head

This is as bad as the camo tools I've seen, camo flashlights, etc.  WTF?  I guess if you don't work OUTSIDE then a dark green ddrill might be easy to find.  But come the day you are working in the yard and need to find it after you lay it down in the freak'n grass!!!      SMH.

Sorry, rant over.............

Edited by Freightrain
  • Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

his is as bad as the camo tools I've seen, camo flashlights, etc.  WTF?  I guess if you don't work OUTSIDE then a dark green ddrill might be easy to find.  But come the day you are working in the yard and need to find it after you lay it down in the freak'n grass!!!     

I seem to remember that NFPA 10 requires them to be readily identifiable. I wonder how they become rated? 

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2017 at 8:17 PM, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Everyone should do themselves a favor and never, ever buy a fire extinguisher with a plastic head and valve assembly. Spend a few extra bucks and go metal. Amerex is a good choice. 

So, what do you think of this unit? I have scoopable cat litter too.

DSCN3043.JPG.e98ecc1532e26c82644a4be127fa0546.JPG

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

16 hours ago, other dog said:

So, what do you think of this unit? I have scoopable cat litter too.

DSCN3043.JPG.e98ecc1532e26c82644a4be127fa0546.JPG

Yep, that's an industrial type extinguisher, came out of the Du Pont plant in Waynesboro, Va. I used it on the shed fire but it was just too much fire. It was old then, but it worked great. I remember it costing a small fortune to have it refilled too.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 11/2/2017 at 10:16 PM, VaPatentman said:

5 out of our 9 fire extinguishers (yes I am excessive compulsive) in the house, garage and cars are on the recall. Luckily the others are 5 and 10 pounders with metal fittings. The Mrs. Is not overwhelmed with 10-pounder sitting in the kitchen while the 5 are out of service, until we get the replacements. 

The attachment is the listing of the recalled units.

US_Plastic+Handle+Product+ID+Guide.pdfUS_Plastic+Handle+Product+ID+Guide.pdf

Here's the link, click on recall. Really a simple task to get a replacement. http://www.kidde.com/home-safety/en/us/

You can never have too many fire extinguishers or first aid kits!  

Thanks for the info!!!   We have 2  of them so I started the online process to get the  replacements...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, other dog said:

Yep, that's an industrial type extinguisher, came out of the Du Pont plant in Waynesboro, Va. I used it on the shed fire but it was just too much fire. It was old then, but it worked great. I remember it costing a small fortune to have it refilled too.

If it was older they probably had to do a hydrostatic test (pressure test) of the cylinder before they could refill it. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

On 12/12/2017 at 12:43 PM, Freightrain said:

I just went to their website.    Ok, someone explain this to me??

http://amerex-fire.com/products/camo-units/

"CAMO" fire extinguishers??   Really?   You want something like this in "camo"?    Geezus what is the world coming to?  I can see it now........

Yardo: "Sir why didn't you use a fire extinguisher?"

Home owner: "well, I know I had them, but couldn't fit it"

Yardo:  "You couldn't find it?  Why not?"

Homeowner:  "Well sir, I got the "camo" version because I'm a redneck and thought it was cool, but I guess since it blended in with everything I couldn't find it when I really needed it".

Yardo:  shakes head

This is as bad as the camo tools I've seen, camo flashlights, etc.  WTF?  I guess if you don't work OUTSIDE then a dark green ddrill might be easy to find.  But come the day you are working in the yard and need to find it after you lay it down in the freak'n grass!!!      SMH.

Sorry, rant over.............

The safety manager at work wears a .... camo - high visibility vest.

That wins the prize for the greatest oxymoron ever.

http://www.safetyshirtz.com/safetyshirtz-ss360-backwoods-camo-safety-vest-class-2/?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhJHplqC82AIVE7nACh3mtgciEAYYBCABEgJS4fD_BwE

• Like 1