Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall

VaPatentman

8 hours ago, other dog said:

So, what do you think of scoopable cat litter?

We have the scented  kind, smells like Christmas when we toss it in on the fire

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 1/2/2018 at 5:53 PM, 1958 F.W.D. said:

That is an Ansul cartridge-type extinguisher, it is actually a very good unit to have. I have a 20-pounder filled with Purple K in my garage. 

Back in high school when I was working at a York Steak house, my buddy Tom decided he didn't want to work there any more. Middle of Friday night dinner rush, full dining room and line out the door he pulled the Ansul system and came out front singing Let It Snow. That sure was a lot of fire retardant powder, management was not amused.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 66dc75 said:

Back in high school when I was working at a York Steak house, my buddy Tom decided he didn't want to work there any more. Middle of Friday night dinner rush, full dining room and line out the door he pulled the Ansul system and came out front singing Let It Snow. That sure was a lot of fire retardant powder, management was not amused.

That was a hood suppression system, several hundred pounds of agent. No wonder they weren't amused. Between the several thousand bucks of cost to reset and recharge the system there was a LOT of lost money because when a system dumps, the health dept closes the restaurant indefinitely until a commercial cleaning service comes in to go over the kitchen with a fine-tooth comb. Modern systems are now a wet-agent that is much easier to clean up.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

14 minutes ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

That was a hood suppression system, several hundred pounds of agent. No wonder they weren't amused. Between the several thousand bucks of cost to reset and recharge the system there was a LOT of lost money because when a system dumps, the health dept closes the restaurant indefinitely until a commercial cleaning service comes in to go over the kitchen with a fine-tooth comb. Modern systems are now a wet-agent that is much easier to clean up.

Oh yeah it was quite the expensive clean up not to mention hundreds of gift certificates for free meals for everyone in the building.

• Like 1

While on the restaurant fire subject I went on many restaurant fires years ago, some owned by Marriott. In several cases the manager told us take what you fellows want, because we will be throwing everything out. We would fill the hose beds until they were overflowing =commissary was filled and good eating for weeks.  

• Like 1