Sign in to follow this  
carlotpilot

birthday present

gearhead204    1,792

well HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! .........damn im lucky to get a edible cake, you must be living right to get an A Car ! hopefully her candles light when you crank her up !

carlotpilot    1,042

well her candles are a little iffy right now but hopefully not to melted to burn

• Sad 1

gearhead204    1,792

cummins powered candles I would guess ? give her some fresh wax and pull the decomp. for a few rolls and see what happens next !, nothing a 8.3 wouldn't fix.

Timmyb    604

Happy birthday! And nice score... I’ll be following. 

j hancock    8,489

Boy.....    That is going to take a lot of wrapping paper!

carlotpilot    1,042
8 hours ago, gearhead204 said:

cummins powered candles I would guess ? give her some fresh wax and pull the decomp. for a few rolls and see what happens next !, nothing a 8.3 wouldn't fix.

might wind up with an L10        i need to look inside whats there first and see if there`s any hope for it 262 743ci with rt hand acc drive for an iron lung

013.jpg

015.jpg

• Like 1

davehummell    41

I ran a hardhat freightliner triaxle with one of those l10 engines it was about 325 or so hp. I was less than impressed. I drove a 3406 325hp and it ran rings around the l10. Years ago I had a 59 autocar with that 262 and a 4by4 and it did ok. It would be nice to keep that 262 in that truck. Nice birthday present.

• Like 1

HarryS    230

Great way to treat yourself on your birthday.

carlotpilot    1,042
9 hours ago, davehummell said:

I ran a hardhat freightliner triaxle with one of those l10 engines it was about 325 or so hp. I was less than impressed. I drove a 3406 325hp and it ran rings around the l10. Years ago I had a 59 autocar with that 262 and a 4by4 and it did ok. It would be nice to keep that 262 in that truck. Nice birthday present.

i hope to be able to salvage the engine  but after draining about 30 gallons of water out of it today its not looking to good. back rocker cover was off and the hood funneled rain water in. came out clear & no oil :angry:

• Sad 1

gearhead204    1,792
12 hours ago, davehummell said:

what's the old saying "their is no replacement for displacement"  horsepower is way over rated "torque" is what gets it done !

I think a buddy of mine has another 262 in an A-car but its on the wrong side of the country for you.

• Like 1

fxfymn    1,128
14 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

i hope to be able to salvage the engine  but after draining about 30 gallons of water out of it today its not looking to good. back rocker cover was off and the hood funneled rain water in. came out clear & no oil :angry:

That's just EPA approved pollution free water based lubricant. You run it for a few miles and the engine ceases to emit pollution when it seizes up.

carlotpilot    1,042
On 10/11/2017 at 10:25 PM, gearhead204 said:

what's the old saying "their is no replacement for displacement"  horsepower is way over rated "torque" is what gets it done !

I think a buddy of mine has another 262 in an A-car but its on the wrong side of the country for you.

if you happen to stumble on to any useable 220 pieces let me know`  other side of the country is not that far away

• Like 1

carlotpilot    1,042
On 10/12/2017 at 10:07 AM, fxfymn said:

That's just EPA approved pollution free water based lubricant. You run it for a few miles and the engine ceases to emit pollution when it seizes up.

you may have a point :D

Hobert62    583

I kept pouring ATF in the spark plug holes of my farmall f-12.  Eventually I was able to knock all 4 pistons out.   Idk if it would have made it run but like was said it helped it come apart easier.   

66rmack    75
On 10/10/2017 at 11:28 PM, carlotpilot said:

found  this on my birthday  the gentleman wanted a new home for it so here it is   ( thanks garad.)  will post progress to this thread as I get it made

036.jpg

That truck is quite awesome!

41chevy    7,614

Was it an old Sinclar /City Service Tractor? Looks like their colors.    Paul

carlotpilot    1,042

paul   i don`t have any of the  history of this truck other than it came from cal and was originaly red

Truck Shop    466

Red like this one?

Truck Shop

Another Autocar.jpg

carlotpilot    1,042
On 10/15/2017 at 7:37 AM, Truck Shop said:

Red like this one?

Truck Shop

Another Autocar.jpg

just about the same      whats the scoop on this one?

Edited by carlotpilot