birthday present

carlotpilot

8 hours ago, gearhead204 said:

cummins powered candles I would guess ? give her some fresh wax and pull the decomp. for a few rolls and see what happens next !, nothing a 8.3 wouldn't fix.

might wind up with an L10        i need to look inside whats there first and see if there`s any hope for it 262 743ci with rt hand acc drive for an iron lung

013.jpg

015.jpg

• Like 1

I ran a hardhat freightliner triaxle with one of those l10 engines it was about 325 or so hp. I was less than impressed. I drove a 3406 325hp and it ran rings around the l10. Years ago I had a 59 autocar with that 262 and a 4by4 and it did ok. It would be nice to keep that 262 in that truck. Nice birthday present.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, davehummell said:

I ran a hardhat freightliner triaxle with one of those l10 engines it was about 325 or so hp. I was less than impressed. I drove a 3406 325hp and it ran rings around the l10. Years ago I had a 59 autocar with that 262 and a 4by4 and it did ok. It would be nice to keep that 262 in that truck. Nice birthday present.

i hope to be able to salvage the engine  but after draining about 30 gallons of water out of it today its not looking to good. back rocker cover was off and the hood funneled rain water in. came out clear & no oil :angry:

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, davehummell said:

what's the old saying "their is no replacement for displacement"  horsepower is way over rated "torque" is what gets it done !

I think a buddy of mine has another 262 in an A-car but its on the wrong side of the country for you.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

i hope to be able to salvage the engine  but after draining about 30 gallons of water out of it today its not looking to good. back rocker cover was off and the hood funneled rain water in. came out clear & no oil :angry:

That's just EPA approved pollution free water based lubricant. You run it for a few miles and the engine ceases to emit pollution when it seizes up.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

On 10/11/2017 at 10:25 PM, gearhead204 said:

what's the old saying "their is no replacement for displacement"  horsepower is way over rated "torque" is what gets it done !

I think a buddy of mine has another 262 in an A-car but its on the wrong side of the country for you.

if you happen to stumble on to any useable 220 pieces let me know`  other side of the country is not that far away

• Like 1

Was it an old Sinclar /City Service Tractor? Looks like their colors.    Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 10/15/2017 at 7:37 AM, Truck Shop said:

Red like this one?

Truck Shop

Another Autocar.jpg

just about the same      whats the scoop on this one?

Edited by carlotpilot

well i put the fuel & oil mix in it today` about 35 gallons  found out the right hand acc.drive seals are shot probably bad bearings to` got a healthy leak  had to catch a half gallon or so i`m going to let it alone for a week or so and see if i can get anything to turn if not next step is to yank it out and tear it down then see if there`s a shot at making it run