Getting closer

21 minutes ago, Willie dog said:

It sure was easier to remove it than put it back on. I didn't have to worry about scratching anything taking it off.

I believe that.    Your truck is turning out better then new.    I think I would have cried if something went bad.   

• Like 1

You have the steering box off, so I can't see why you can't stick it up through the hole when you re install it?  I think it is just most guys don't have the box off and that is why they have to raise it up over the shaft.

That is turning out to be quite a masterpiece.  Outstanding work!

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Had similar problem with an older truck with a larger motor, I had to remove the motor to get the steering box in and then leave the box unbolted from the frame to " thread the needle" when installing the cab due to the steep angle of the steering column and the small opening in the cab.

Edited by russell t
more info

7 hours ago, Freightrain said:

You have the steering box off, so I can't see why you can't stick it up through the hole when you re install it?  I think it is just most guys don't have the box off and that is why they have to raise it up over the shaft.

That is turning out to be quite a masterpiece.  Outstanding work!

After thinking about it and remembering the beginning of the project, I took the column and box out before raising the cab. I'm pretty sure I can thread the needle by going from underneath the cab. 

You did ease my mind after reading your post.  Thanks!

• Like 1

When do you want my mixer do do??  :)

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

22 minutes ago, Willie dog said:

I can start the second Tuesday of next week.  😁

Can bring it until there is a month with z in it.  bad Ju Ju ya know.

• Haha 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE