Do you not like crowds???

B MACK

I have always lived in the northwest and have traveled so many scenic roads, you don't have to go far to find one. The north Cascades highway, Lolo Pass ,

Grand Coulee area, White Pass, Stevens Pass, Highway 2 from Sandpoint Id to Kalispell Mt,  Highway 101 around the Olympic Peninsula, Highway 93

through Salmon Id the list goes on. But one of the best secrets is all the great motorcycling roads in the Oregon High Desert, 20 corners per mile on lots

of those roads. Going from Joseph Ore to Oxbow Dam is 88 miles and will take 2 1/2 hrs to cover.   Great pics HeavyGunner. 

Truck Shop 

One ping only

Great pix guys! Montana is a beautiful state. Along with what Truck Shop said, a few years back we rode bikes (the pedal kind) on the Route of the Hiawatha in western Montana...absolutely beautiful country.

8 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

Hey Bmack beautiful pics. I was over in the valley for a wedding and took a couple of pics. 

IMG_1093.thumb.JPG.545ecd15ab8e082690ad015f56cac108.JPG

IMG_1094.thumb.JPG.fa9ba9160e504a230225f0d60423653c.JPG

Very nice. High vantage point view of mountains and lake..  Is that upper whitefish / north fork country or the "bob"?

2 hours ago, h67st said:

Great pix guys! Montana is a beautiful state. Along with what Truck Shop said, a few years back we rode bikes (the pedal kind) on the Route of the Hiawatha in western Montana...absolutely beautiful country.

I have rode the Hiawatha trail quite a few years ago.  Beautiful way to spend a day.  2 mile long straight tunnel, and many others and 7 or 8 tressels . And it was constructed in 1909-1910,  The one tressel was built in a month's time, in December..  And the 2mile long tunnel goes under the Montana/Idaho state line, At that point in the tunnel the grade allows the water to flow out each direction so both states get their states water..  Pretty amazing!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, B MACK said:

Very nice. High vantage point view of mountains and lake..  Is that upper whitefish / north fork country or the "bob"?

That's the lower end of Lake McDonald so your looking at the park/north fork area. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

One of my favorite places Palouse Falls State Park, 55 miles from where I live. The world record kayak run over a water fall was set there. He did this 

in the spring when run off was high to shoot him out and away from the rocks below.

Truck Shop

One ping only

On 7/23/2017 at 8:25 PM, h67st said:

I've been in every state in the lower 48 except one, and that's Oregon, and I have to say Montana is the prettiest place i've ever seen.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 4 weeks later...

Oregon is pretty too OD!, I saw the largest mule deer I've ever seen on the banks of the Columbia river there the whole family was there buck,doe, and fawn! Only time I've ever seen a whole deer family usually it's just does! My co driver and I laid over in Missoula Mt. and we stopped in a bar and I ordered a Jack Daniels and ginger ale,this big John Wayne looking "working cowboy" sat down and said "I don't see how you can put that in a good glass of whisky"😁 Needless to say I didn't disagree lol !

• Like 1