New Mack for the fall

For the first time in a while I went on Hanks. They have quite a discussion on the new Mack pinnacle changeover coming as pictured by the green and yellow Sharkey prototype. Most comments were negative as far as the appearance. I'm sure that was not the final version. The discussion can be found by scrolling down the website until you get to the latest truck photos listed by manufacturer in a horizontal fashion. We will have to wait and see.:huh:

We actually broke the news here before it reached Hanks. It was a thread in Dec of last year.

I was sent this by mistake. The guy that took the picture works at Sharky and got in crap for it. Same can shell. No roof in cab interior. New bunk.

MACK big wigs were filling us in on the test truck last year at the Canadian show that most of the fleet customers were ok with the cab size and wanted a face lift and bunk/cab revamp.

Will be released to sales team in fall and to market new year. Notice how Macungie is off limits this year for the show in 3 weeks.....hmmmmmm lol.

FB_IMG_1481827306646.jpg

Edited by bbigrig
  • Like 2

For some time now, all the Mack dealers have had in their possession a teaser video showing the new Mack model.  They cut off the roof to make it stand up, more competitive for long haul. You can ask your local salesman to show it to you. It looks as if the same stylist responsible for the US market CAT vocational trucks was hired by Volvo to create the styling cues for the new model.

4 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

For some time now, all the Mack dealers have had in their possession a teaser video showing the new Mack model.  They cut off the roof to make it stand up, more competitive for long haul. You can ask your local salesman to show it to you. It looks as if the same stylist responsible for the US market CAT vocational trucks was hired by Volvo to create the styling cues for the new model.

sounds pretty. lol. I do hope that mack makes this new model on a full length 120+ BBC like other truck makers  so it could possibly accommodate a engine bigger than 13 liters. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am going up to see the new model at the dealer reveal event in early September. I never understood the issue with the sleeper cabs not being a stand up over the driver seat - you don't drive standing up!. People find a way to bitch, complain and find fault with everything these days. The current CXU613 70" bunk sleeper is a high-quality truck. I have a customer running the MP8-445SE package doing in excess of 8 mpg hauling consistently over 40,000 in the trailer. I don't see Mack using the MP10 anywhere in the USA going forward. The biggest offering will be the MP8-505.

Jim Toussaint

Division Operations Manager - Worldwide Equipment Inc

Knoxville / Middlesboro / Crossville / Morristown / Asheville Highway

2 hours ago, Jarhead Enterprises said:

I am going up to see the new model at the dealer reveal event in early September. I never understood the issue with the sleeper cabs not being a stand up over the driver seat - you don't drive standing up!. People find a way to bitch, complain and find fault with everything these days. The current CXU613 70" bunk sleeper is a high-quality truck. I have a customer running the MP8-445SE package doing in excess of 8 mpg hauling consistently over 40,000 in the trailer. I don't see Mack using the MP10 anywhere in the USA going forward. The biggest offering will be the MP8-505.

I could see me using the mp10 in the future if they'd make it available. Europe is going more liters and more horsepower and we're cutting back. Total BS

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dirtymilkman said:

I could see me using the mp10 in the future if they'd make it available. Europe is going more liters and more horsepower and we're cutting back. Total BS

That's why we bought a kenworth with a cummins 605 hp . Sick of mack telling us we don't need the power when every other company makes a 600 hp available. Screw mack .

3 hours ago, Jarhead Enterprises said:

The Mack MP8-505M is an 1860 torque engine. The Cummins 605 is a 2050 torque engine. For nearly ALL applications 500hp is more than necessary to move nearly anything with the right gearing and transmission selection. Years ago I used to move nearly everything with an R model Mack with a 300 and a six speed and a 3 axle lowboy. The small number of truck sales per year with the larger MP10 versus the massive costs of engineering and support just do not make sense. Right now the MP8-445 is our best selling engine across the board with the M-Drive or M-Drive HD.

I agree to a point but what mack is saying is if you want a bigger motor go elsewhere because we don't care about you . That's what we did. 

• Like 1

Here in new England you can walk into a freightliner / Western star dealer and see several DD 16 powered tractors and straight trucks on the lot with 600 hp really popular here.  NOW THE DD 13 is available 505hp and 1850 torque in the small freightliner and western star 4700 . So macks heavy hauler mp8 505 is comparable to the smaller western stars . They have nothing to compare to a western star 4900 , or Coronado SD 122or a W900 . It's sad IMO.

9 hours ago, TeamsterGrrrl said:

Mack needs a 600 HP engine as a "halo truck" to show the company is authentic and can "do the job". From a more rational point of view, fleets will often buy dozens or hundreds of trucks in a package and while most will do fine with 500 HP or less, they need a few 600 HP trucks to pull their lowboy, turnpike doubles, etc.. If they have to go to a competitor for those 600 HP trucks, they'll probably go to that competitor for the more numerous 500+ or less HP trucks too.

For once I agree with you completely. They need a flagship truck. You'll see a construction fleet of T800's pulling end dumps or belly's, then they'll have a couple big power w900's for moving the big stuff. Mack used to have that market with the R's and Superliner and the ch's and CL. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2017 at 8:43 AM, bbigrig said:

We actually broke the news here before it reached Hanks. It was a thread in Dec of last year.

I was sent this by mistake. The guy that took the picture works at Sharky and got in crap for it. Same can shell. No roof in cab interior. New bunk.

MACK big wigs were filling us in on the test truck last year at the Canadian show that most of the fleet customers were ok with the cab size and wanted a face lift and bunk/cab revamp.

Will be released to sales team in fall and to market new year. Notice how Macungie is off limits this year for the show in 3 weeks.....hmmmmmm lol.

FB_IMG_1481827306646.jpg

Ironically, Sharkey's own dealership Quincy Mack,is where I seen the first  pictures  of the "new" CH back in early  '88.  Norm Rhea,a salesman  there had just gotten  back  from a  sales meeting/introduction  party for the new at the  time,model. Being raised on B's & R's,I just said "yuck". Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA