The Mack Worth

mrsmackpaul

• 1 month later...

That's a really cool story!

Paulk, thank you for posting it on here.

I sure saw those images on the net since they were NR-related but haven't read the article.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 10 months later...

came across another image on FB of this truck the other day

dunno how they link is gunna work to FB but time will tell 

bit of a bugger not been able to upload photos no more as I reckon things are far more enjoyable to and easier to read with a yarn and pic or two to help tell the story 

Paul

20622006_1907467282829273_55619303409389

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Yep sure did 

You blokes call them flip flops, we call them thongs or pluggers, Kiwis call them jandles ???

And pluggers were and still very common foot wear among a lot of working class people as standard foot ware 

I was in them today and have spent most of my working life in them 

Paul 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 7:19 AM, mrsmackpaul said:

Yep sure did 

You blokes call them flip flops, we call them thongs or pluggers, Kiwis call them jandles ???

And pluggers were and still very common foot wear among a lot of working class people as standard foot ware 

I was in them today and have spent most of my working life in them 

Paul 

I have some very hip Brazilian Havaianas, everyone wears them to work in too... it'd take some time for me to get used to them. Hurts my toe crack. My mom calls them "tongs" .... silent 'h'... idk why... chinelo is what they call them in Brazil.

Edited by Outbehindthebarn
  • Like 1

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Quite right Adkat

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words 

received-800294317635783.jpg

John McLean photo

Jack Ehret Loadmaster! Taken at our truckstop in Gilgandra. This time Jack decided he'd leave the dog behind! I think this trip was to the Gunpowder mine.

Sime dribble from me now, this I believe is Fruehauf "Super Hefty"

A Super Hefty had chassis rails 450 mm or 18 inch deep, 100 mm x 25 mm or 4 inch x 1 inch top and bottom flange

Probably tared around 10 ton, I have a double rail McGrath trailer that is built along the same lines or principles, it tares at around 9.5 ton but isn't as strong as a Super Hefty Fruehauf, I can take the camber out once in a while with big weights on

On my Fruehauf Cattle Cruiser I have noticed a extreme amount of camber in the axles 

Super Hefty's had this as well 

Fruehauf rated the Super Hefty for 50 ton carrying capacity from the factory and plenty of blokes went past that suggested limit

Was some tough old blokes back then and even tougher trucks

Paul

7 hours ago, Swishy said:

eye'm sure eye posted this n some time ago

MackWorth.jpg.0cba194287cd9fe6868bbdc8a6e6120c.jpg

cya

Swish ????   I don't know if you posted this before or not, but for those of us who missed it..... we need a little story on this one.  "MACKWORTH"   ???

please do tell ????

Not much to fill in Swishman, all this stuff makes for interesting reading 

Shame the HCVC forum has had a few photo hiccups aling the way, a lot of good info gets lost

Lucky for the rest of world theres fruit loops like me and Swishman that saved some of these photos along the way or a lot of this stuff would be lost

Only problem is I saved stuff for years but never kept enough details of whos what when and were, people get it a bit cheesed of if people share their stuff without giving credit

Now in my defence I always say who it belongs to or who I think it belongs to and ask to be corrected 

Apparently (no apparently at all) some cheeky buggers share photos and claim them as there's and this really gets people cheesed off

Anyhow the SAR with E9 at 500 draft horses would of been a ball breaker

For those that dont know what a SAR Kenworth is 

It is short for "Short (as in bbc) Australian Right Hand Drive" 

Still a W 900 on the books but has SAR in it as well

Funny how Yanks all wanna sit low to the ground and out here we wanna sit up high so we can see what were about to hit before we hit it

Over to you Swishman to educate them more, I have about exhausted my KW knowledge lol

Paul

• Like 1
  • Like 1