Way Out Wayroc C Model Mack

I think that Barrington show was about the only onehe ever took it to. Walter Balchunas, an old truck mechanic friend of mine next door to my old shop did the mechanical work on that when it was being restored.

• Like 1

Used to see a lot more of them 15 -20 years ago. When I first met Merk (R model Mack pickup truck that's at Macungie every year ) he had 3 of them lined up out back in Shrewsbury Ma. They are long gone now. I don't think the Wayroc truck got driven much they said it was like having concrete tires it rode so hard

1 hour ago, Mack58B42 said:

Are the Cs fairly rare?  I've only just seen pics of them.  I like them, and if I could find a driver for a reasonable price, I'd certainly consider scooping one up....

Here are the numbers.

C-Series

C607            1963-1965        301

C609            1963-1965     1,064

C611            1963-1965          16

C615            1963-1965        208

11 hours ago, Phase 1 said:

Here are the numbers.

C-Series

C607            1963-1965        301

C609            1963-1965     1,064

C611            1963-1965          16

C615            1963-1965        208

Ahhh, so it WAS pretty limited.  So probably won't be east to find one at a reasonable price, if at all....

I take it the C model shared the U and R frame and hangers? the ones in the pics have R  model rear spring hangers and looks like an R model bumper would bolt right up with the 6 holes? seems odd Mack would spec that weird C model  Fuel tanks tho. you don't see those long low hung tanks on anything else

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Mack used to post this note on their brochures about running changes.  The C model sure was a bit of a parts bin special back when the BBC measurement was very important for lots of trucking companies.

Mack brochure Disclaimer.JPG

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

The U model replaced the C model in the Mack line up which included the new upgraded cab.

That's interesting thanks for the update remember a law transportation when I was a kid ran both C,s and U models in my area.....Bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, mowerman said:

That's interesting thanks for the update remember a law transportation when I was a kid ran both C,s and U models in my area.....Bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Law Transportation is still there but I think they are moving to Law Logistics as their name.  They still seem to be running mostly Mack equipment.  A while back, Law lost a big contract with the State of NH and that has taken some of the wind out of their sails.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.