The Story of Western Star

kscarbel2

A phrase like "Legendary Awesomeness", and the word "badass" in a promo? Clearly directed towards the millennials. I'm not yet 40 and it sounded a little "low-brow" to me. The black machinist was obviously planted in the video for the diversity nod... and what does the exaggerated collar size (and hair-do's) of the 70's have to do with how well a truck is built? 

Real nice footage though!

• Like 1

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

1 hour ago, Outbehindthebarn said:

A phrase like "Legendary Awesomeness", and the word "badass" in a promo? Clearly directed towards the millennials. I'm not yet 40 and it sounded a little "low-brow" to me. The black machinist was obviously planted in the video for the diversity nod... and what does the exaggerated collar size (and hair-do's) of the 70's have to do with how well a truck is built? 

Real nice footage though!

So right on every point. And the new ones are on a Freightliner chassis. Which I'm not a real fan of. Hopefully the heavy ones stay heavy

• Like 2

Interesting how it seems like almost everything in North American  trucking is somehow connected to White.  Lets see  White Freightliner, White Western Star, White Autocar/GMC/ Volvo/:angry:Mack, Diamond Reo.  Looks like Paccar products are the only ones that aren't connected to White now.

Yes, White had their fingers in a lot of pies.. Including farm tractors Oliver, Cockshutt and Minne Mo, But look what happened to them?? Total Bankrupt..

Dick Callaway wrote a long article on the White Corp that took 3 issues of ATHS Wheels of Time to publish last year.

• Like 1

Brocky

• 4 weeks later...