One for the Scania lovers

mrsmackpaul

17 minutes ago, carlotpilot said:

pretty girl       can`t say much for th truck

People around the world have different tastes, so the way a Scania is outfitted varies tremendously. A UK truck looks nothing like an Australian truck. "If" we built a truck for a major US fleet, it would look entirely different from the video truck and you would likely approve.

• Like 2

Yep and to add a bit more even from end to end and side to side of this wide brown land trucks are built different and some look a lot different 

they fit them out a bit different over there but stretch it a little bit and a bogie drive a bull bar and some bull lights rip some of that plastic faring off and it would in fit pretty well and some more fuel tanks for a greater range 

I just googled the specs for a Scania 164 L I think it said 580 HP V8!!!!! did I read that ????? thats got some decent balls if I did read it right

Paul

From the 1-Series thru the 4-Series, we used this style designation on the front grille.

164 means:

16 liters (V-8 power)

4 Series (4th generation)

In recent years, we have used the model type and the horsepower of the engine. For example, R580.

The Scania "modular" system is the envy of the global truckmaking industry.

Scania chassis info & model designations - https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwjpzdTGnv_RAhUF04MKHfsxD54QFggaMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftil.scania.com%2Fidcplg%3FIdcService%3DGET_FILE%26dID%3D229035%26dDocName%3DDIS_0000087_18%26allowInterrupt%3D1&usg=AFQjCNEczAahURKW-znx_i8BeD1BSe_3Ew&bvm=bv.146496531,bs.2,d.eWE&cad=rjt

• Like 1

I'm not saying scania is not a well built rig and a power house to boot but to me they look too short and too top heavy! The one in the video looks like if you were bobtailing and had to hit the brakes hard, it would land on its nose! I'm sure it would not but it just looks that way.

• Like 2

I want one...now.. and I'm not even a truck driver..!!! LOL...

but she might want to get that driver's door lock attended to.

I'm sure if VW/MAN/Scania wanted to enter the US market then they would be very aware of the needs of the customer and design something that works legally and profitably... but the market here is marginal, bare bones and cheap seems to be the spec of the big boys... however, it may suit the o/o or small firm that has the desire to own one... just got to get past all the old wives tales of cabovers and 6x2 drivelines.

I wonder if the heavy haul guys would be interested... hmmm

Carlotpilot... yes, getting used to driving one bobtail takes a little practice... but, without a trailer you're not earning money so why do it..!!! :-)

BC Mack

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

pretty girl       can`t say much for th truck

I know they are odd for us Americans.... but damn, I like them! Ruud Sneepels Scania 164l 580 V8 + 143H 420 V8

Seem like a dream to drive.

Edited by Outbehindthebarn

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

24 minutes ago, BC Mack said:

I want one...now.. and I'm not even a truck driver..!!! LOL...

but she might want to get that driver's door lock attended to.

I'm sure if VW/MAN/Scania wanted to enter the US market then they would be very aware of the needs of the customer and design something that works legally and profitably... but the market here is marginal, bare bones and cheap seems to be the spec of the big boys... however, it may suit the o/o or small firm that has the desire to own one... just got to get past all the old wives tales of cabovers and 6x2 drivelines.

I wonder if the heavy haul guys would be interested... hmmm

Carlotpilot... yes, getting used to driving one bobtail takes a little practice... but, without a trailer you're not earning money so why do it..!!! :-)

BC Mack

ever heard of tow away? new and used trailers from mfg.and between dealers with an occasional loaded one thrown in   lots of bt

Edited by carlotpilot

1 hour ago, carlotpilot said:

ever heard of tow away? new and used trailers from mfg.and between dealers with an occasional loaded one thrown in   lots of bt

ah, no... new to me, not in the trucking industry but see what you mean... that would be a lot of bob-tail....

BC Mack

17 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

People around the world have different tastes, so the way a Scania is outfitted varies tremendously. A UK truck looks nothing like an Australian truck. "If" we built a truck for a major US fleet, it would look entirely different from the video truck and you would likely approve.

Can you make it look like a Superliner?

If we could get MAN or a Renault Magnum that would be sweet, but instead we have to live with what the general truck buyer likes, shame those are great trucks, funny though I took a Ford LT9000 to Ireland and they all went crazy over the bonnet (hood), ended up shipping that truck to Ghana for year and then she finally came home.

• Like 1