22 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Looks like it has brakes on it.   That's what I'd like to find for my truck.

You have no brakes,Larry? Lol....or just no front brakes?  Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

A while back a guy on here built a pickup type B to haul a racecar out of a white and yellow fire truck.   He put  the front axle from a 1996 international school buss.   It supposedly bolted in.                                        I've been measuring and center pin measurements on international trucks is the same as what's on the B.     what I've been finding is most of the modern axles have 4" springs instead of our 3".                somewhere else on here I read the R front axle is 3" wider, but works.       Idk if that's overall or each side.   

32 minutes ago, carlotpilot said:

reason     i got into that is i have a complete 9000# front axle with budd hubs new brakes and drums & springs that came out of a gmc topkick 88 or 89 yr model tractor that just might work under a b . if i knew what the b spacing is i would check it out closer

33 1/4" center to center.     I measured from the outside of one spring to the inside of the opposite.    

When Jim put the bus axle under his B, he cut the middle and welded it back together.  Might not have caught that in one of his post, but I did.

I already have the budd hub setup for the rear axle, just trying to find something to convert the front.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

4 hours ago, Freightrain said:

When Jim put the bus axle under his B, he cut the middle and welded it back together.  Might not have caught that in one of his post, but I did.

I already have the budd hub setup for the rear axle, just trying to find something to convert the front.

Nope I never cought that.    I thought he said it was a direct bolt in.         I also want to switch my front over.    

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

I tried doing a quick search for his build, but couldn't find it.  Yup, he cut, welded and ground it down so you could not see it.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul, thanks, I can never remember his screen name to search it quickly.

Brocky, ya, I know.................

If I could just get my spoke/rims blasted and repainted I wouldn't mind them so much.   They were pretty nice looking 15 yrs ago when I bought the truck and painted everything, but the old spray bomb paint has done faded away.  Alum budds would just give it some easy "bling" to doll it up some.  I would even take steel 5 holes painted?  I just want to clean it up some.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I don't think the outside to outside spring measurement matters. more center pin to center pin. you could always put spacer plates under the u bolts on the side of the springs. most light b421's I have seen had 1/2 narrower spring packs than most B models and had 1/4 spacer plates on each side of the spring pack to take up the gap between the U bolts

• Like 2

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg