1969 R 600 barn find

7 minutes ago, 70mackMB said:

Mack man,  l think l'm batting a 1000 here!  lt's for the windshield washer. Our MB has one also.  Hippy

Absolutely funny........I was going to say that, but for grins and giggles. My grandfather had a foot valve similar on a car of his.

On 10/11/2016 at 7:35 AM, Mack man 1973 said:

My newest edition to my R collection . I found this in a local farm  I was tipped by a local farmer the truck could be bought they talked to the local salvage yard  first  once i heard that I rushed right over and I said this can not be junked or parted out  ill,take it .  It has only had two owners since new and was never driven in the winter  and is as solid  as a rock absolutely no rusted out panels no pieces missing on the hood or dents in the sheet steel I'm so glad I saved this beautiful ole girl . Also if anyone could shed some light on what the foot valve is for on the firewall beside the clutch pedal I've never seen one before . It looks like it controls the air shutters ?

Man oh man, you struck paydirt there!!!!!!  If the price was right, you stole it!! Nice score!

Dave in VT

Again,nice save steal! And don't forget  to use the "foul weather intake" if you by chance  get caught  in  the  rain. Your oil bath air cleaner  will turn into a large milkshake if you  don't! And yes,I am speaking  from  experience!   Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I think it was a fair price for the shape.  I am surprised he was offered $1500 for scrap as it is $100 ton for automotive here ((KC)) that's with no fluids or tires.  That old girl probably only weighs in at 8k so real scrap price in the great center of the US OF A would be $400 to $500 for it.  I don't even scrap anything any more ain't worth the fuss.  

My 68 F is a prime example.  The scrap yard only was going to give him a couple hundred after he removed the fluids and tires.  The truck had 3/4 tank of fresh fuel and new tires he said he couldnt fuss with it for the money.  The only reason he stopped running it for fall harvest was the dot stopping him because it was so old.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."