Waited awhile

HeavyGunner

28 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Nice truck, always admired the Willys. Only thing better would be a cabover FC, but mine is a biased opinion lol

I agree FC's are way cool but seem to be much rarer and more expensive. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Boy, I haven't thought about these in a while. I assume this is a 475 (1953-1965) with an F-head?(4-cyl), but the 3 horizontal chrome grille bars are missing.

The 4T (1947-1950) had a flat grille the the MB and CJs.

473s (1950-1952) are rare (with 5 horizonal grille bars), only built a couple years.

35 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

Boy, I haven't thought about these in a while. I assume this is a 475 (1953-1965) with an F-head?(4-cyl), but the 3 horizontal chrome grille bars are missing.

The 4T (1947-1950) had a flat grille the the MB and CJs.

473s (1950-1952) are rare (with 5 horizonal grille bars), only built a couple years.

You got it, 475 with vin in the fifteen thousands with the F-head.  Didn't know they had horizontal chrome bars in the grill though.  

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

34 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

You got it, 475 with vin in the fifteen thousands with the F-head.  Didn't know they had horizontal chrome bars in the grill though.  

Here's a selection.....473s seem to be rare.

https://www.google.com/search?q=willys+pickup&newwindow=1&biw=1280&bih=882&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiKvfvQ0azNAhVMHGMKHSzNCqMQsAQIGw

Since you're independently wealthy, I imagine you'll simply pay these folks to restore it for you so as not to take time away from your golfing..................http://willysamerica.com/restorations/trucks/index.html

http://midwestjeepwillys.com/truck-wagon-parts.html

Wow! What a beast!

Seems like less work is required relating to a big truck.

What is the production year?

By the word I have never thought on the matter but in my neck of the woods you can see WW2 Willises from time to time. No after the war one showed out though.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Very Good looking Shepard. Do you have any plans on paint colors yet? 

Not sure on paint colors yet. It's gonna wear it's patina for a bit though. 

3 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Wow! What a beast!

Seems like less work is required relating to a big truck.

What is the production year?

By the word I have never thought on the matter but in my neck of the woods you can see WW2 Willises from time to time. No after the war one showed out though.

1953 Vlad. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

Not sure on paint colors yet. It's gonna wear it's patina for a bit though. 

1953 Vlad. 

The year I was born and we had two presidents. Eisenhower and Truman.

When I first saw it, I thought it would look great in Camo.

Well I know why you had to wait so long to get it, some buggers to it the pub down under must have pretty thirsty by the time they got to the pub 

I would be tempted to not even paint it just leave it as is and enjoy it but its your jigger you do what ever you want 

Paul

Willys.JPG

• Like 1