Diamond T

maint1

Dang!! You get paid and get to drive that! I'm GREEN with envy! :thumb:     Paul

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Have a safe trip. 

Here is the real question; When is Keith going to talk the ATHS into holding the annual show at RIR? Great location, lots of local trucks, easy to get to, and lots of hotel rooms.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

1 minute ago, fxfymn said:

Have a safe trip. 

Here is the real question; When is Keith going to talk the ATHS into holding the annual show at RIR? Great location, lots of local trucks, easy to get to, and lots of hotel rooms.

Carl, all of what  you said is true but there are no ATHS chapters near Richmond to support a show.

And before Howards bought it - great truck, one of the best looking trucks, especially 1952.

The exhausts behind the cab complete the truck appearance

It deserves to be cared for and appreciated,

What is size is the cummins motor and what is it like to drive?

Have fun.

1952_d_t_950_1_._1jpg[1].jpg

1952_d_t_950_1_._2jpg[2].jpg

1952_d_t_950_1_._3jpg[2].jpg

1952_d_t_950_1_._5jpg[1].jpg

• Like 1

I talk to Jerry pretty regular, he has a really nice collection, picked up a Reo there a few months ago, he sold a Mack not too long ago, not sure if that is the one or not, he is taking El Turbo to Salem, the Diamond T has a 400 Cummins 4:11 gears and Double OD. Lots of leg but not too much power, I changed the button for a little more power out west. Love the Mack and the DT. Hoping for only minor problems on the 3200 mile trek, not foolish enough to think it will be trouble free.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brocky said:

Dave

Have a safe trip and post us some Salem pictures.

I'll do it Brocky, was thinking of you when I posted the Diamond T's, I thought you would like them. Hopefully the trip will be not too exciting, once I climb Sandstone Mt. I will have a better idea of how she is going to do.

• Like 1

Carl, all of what  you said is true but there are no ATHS chapters near Richmond to support a show.

I beg to differ. Tri-States, Shenandoah Valley are both in the area.

IMO Richmond would be a huge success. Easy to get to, lots to see and do in the area, and a large population base to draw on. We need to start a campaign with ATHS.

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I have to agree on the Richmond VA area.. Although there is no ATHS chapter in the immediate vicinity there are plenty of ATHS members in a larger radius to draw help from.. Some of whom can bring their York PA expertise to the table. 

• Like 2

Brocky