My opinion about this new format

Mcrafty1

The overall function is fine(bit quicker then before).  

I'm not a fan of the bold red/black artwork....I like things a bit more subtle.  But, I'm just glad it is here and won't complain a bit.  I'll even say THANKS again to Barry for giving us a place to come to.

EDIT....go to the very, very bottom left corner of the page and find the THEME button.  You can change the color format.  I put mine to SHIFT and I like it.  Very much easier on the eyes with the blue/grey colors.

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

5 hours ago, j hancock said:

Not a big fan of change either.

A "new" BMT is better than no BMT.

I actually like change.....when it's for the better, I find this format unusually hard to find my way around, I  suppose I'll get beside it eventually.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Freightrain said:

I'm not a fan of the bold red/black artwork....I like things a bit more subtle.  But, I'm just glad it is here and won't complain a bit.  I'll even say THANKS again to Barry for giving us a place to come to.

EDIT....go to the very, very bottom left corner of the page and find the THEME button.  You can change the color format.  I put mine to SHIFT and I like it.  Very much easier on the eyes with the blue/grey colors.

Thanks for pointing that out, I switch to Shift also and find it more appealing.

I'm not sure how the new format is hard to navigate...it actually became a little more simplified from the old version.  There are now less buttons and links to navigate.  Someone with little computer experience can literally use the 'Unread Content link' and never have to get too advanced.  Advanced users will find a lot of cool features and adjustable content streams to fine tune what they are looking for.  BMT has something for everyone at every skill level.  I liked IPB software because it is scalable like that.

Give it a chance and in a few weeks it will be second nature for you!  :D  Try the different themes also! 

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

13 minutes ago, Bigdogtrucker said:

DEFINITELY try all the themes and color combos until you find what you like, it also changes the layout a little. I hated it also until I played with it a bit ;)

Yes, the other themes do have a little different layout but all the controls should be the same.

• Like 1

bmodel_logo.png

14 hours ago, Barry said:

I'm not sure how the new format is hard to navigate...it actually became a little more simplified from the old version.  There are now less buttons and links to navigate.  Someone with little computer experience can literally use the 'Unread Content link' and never have to get too advanced.  Advanced users will find a lot of cool features and adjustable content streams to fine tune what they are looking for.  BMT has something for everyone at every skill level.  I liked IPB software because it is scalable like that.

Give it a chance and in a few weeks it will be second nature for you!  :D  Try the different themes also! 

I think you pointed out my problem right there:blush:

• Like 1

On 3/9/2016 at 1:10 PM, Barry said:

99% of the time, I use my phone to "connect"...easier than having to be home and sitting in front of the PC.  Used to be I'd click on my browser and a link to the page with threads I had posted in would be right there handy for me to check in on threads I had participated in with a second click.  Then, with one more click, I could scroll through the new content.

Maybe I'm just not smart enough to figure it out, because I ain't been able to get there with the new format.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

On 3/9/2016 at 11:11 AM, Freightrain said:

That's what I did, I changed it to ''CARBON" and it's pretty good.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 3/9/2016 at 2:10 PM, Barry said:

But what does " scalable " mean- enquiring minds want to know...

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 3/11/2016 at 5:17 PM, RowdyRebel said:

99% of the time, I use my phone to "connect"...easier than having to be home and sitting in front of the PC.  Used to be I'd click on my browser and a link to the page with threads I had posted in would be right there handy for me to check in on threads I had participated in with a second click.  Then, with one more click, I could scroll through the new content.

Maybe I'm just not smart enough to figure it out, because I ain't been able to get there with the new format.

You should try Tapatalk on your phone!  I love the' participated' button! 

• Like 1

bmodel_logo.png