If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a Kenworth cry?

Outbehindthebarn

most definatly interested sittin here now trying to find harrisonville on a map------------found it i`m goin to go take a look i`m 2 1/2 hrs. away

Closest town would be McConnellsburg. When are you planning to take a look?

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I talked to the owner told him I would shoot for this weekend

I may be available on Saturday but busy on Sunday. Send me a PM once you firm up your plans and perhaps we can meet somewhere. I plan to go to Chambersburg one day to look at a boom lift. Chambersburg is east of McConnellsburg.

Ken

What direction from Mcconnellesburg? I use to deliver to the Giant grocery store there. It's kinda an isolated town surrounded by mountains. What kind of suspension does that have? Torsion bar? My dad had a 69' w900 that had that, but I never seen it.

Edited by Hobert62

What direction from Mcconnellesburg? I use to deliver to the Giant grocery store there. It's kinda an isolated town surrounded by mountains. What kind of suspension does that have? Torsion bar? My dad had a 69' w900 that had that, but I never seen it.

West of McConnellsburg on US 30 at PA655

Ken

From seeing the pictures I'd say the tree made about nothing damage to it.

It shure did but to the area you are not too easy to see.

Putting a piece of sheet metal on the top of the cab and painting it blue might fix the issue up on a fast basis :)

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

From seeing the pictures I'd say the tree made about nothing damage to it.

It shure did but to the area you are not too easy to see.

Putting a piece of sheet metal on the top of the cab and painting it blue might fix the issue up on a fast basis :)

Yup pretty muck all flat aluminum panels.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Fiberglass is even easier to repair as long as most all the pieces are there

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Don't you wonder about the day that truck ended up in the woods? Were the owners like "We'll just pull the plug here in the woods, it'll be out of the way, and a tree will never fall on it. . . someday something'll get done with it.... Oh shit! a tree fell on the Kenworth!" What are the chances? Pretty good I'd say!

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

I'll guess there weren't many "BIG" trees around when they parked it. 20+ yrs makes little trees turn into BIG trees. Looks like it still has split rims on it? No one has run those in many, many years.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

That's a nice jigger! Like has already been said, most kw coe's I've seen have fibreglass roof and aluminium sheet on the sides. The sheet is fixed with huck bolts, so invest in one of them if you plan on doing some panel work yourself.

I think I've seen a blog sorta thing of a bloke rebuilding one. I'll try find it and post a link.