Looked at a Dodge Today...

other dog

91 was based on the old style eng. Called the la series. 92 the changed the top end and added multiple port inj. Or called the Magnum. All swaps are easy. But for the money of a swap you could find a v8 truck. Good luck.

...but that takes all of the FUN out of it!

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I've got a new 2014 SRT 392 crate HEMI for it. :whistling:

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thought that was going in the 300?

The 300 Hurst all done up OEM turns out to be much more valuable than we thought, 80 to 100 grand valuable. The SRT engine will sit until I find an old Duster or Demon.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I was just looking at a website that had the specs- I wasn't expecting a hotrod, but the 91 model V6 was rated at 125hp. It's only a 239 c.i. engine. They upped the hp to 180 for the '92 and '93 model.

I owned a 1993 w150 5 speed with the V6... it was a turd.... but I didn't mind it.

I swapped a 318 into it.... super easy. What a truck then. Better power and mpgs.... loved that truck

(Why'd I sell it????)

• Like 1

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

That will be one lucky A body!

I've got a few ads in the Mopar world looking for a 1976 Feather Duster. Tons of Aluminum panels, light weight glass and other parts used to increase the MPG but ideal for a hot rod. Stock they weigh in at 2700 pounds.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

Dodge V6 (3.9L) is the same basic engine as the V8 318 (5.2L). Same idea as the GM 4.3L V6 (same basic engine as 5.7L 350 V8). The first 3.9L engines were not a powerhouse (I don't think any were) and being a 4WD probably not too fuel efficient.

239 is based on a 360 V-8. (360 - 122 = 238. My 1988 (made in Sept 1987) has an RV cam a 1 inch phonalic spacer under injector and the timing was kicked ahead til it pinged and backed of a few degrees. I have not problems getting up to speed or keeping up with traffic, it will cruise all day at 65 /70. Get 10 around town and 15 highway with a heavy duty 4 speed and 4:10 gears.As for the erratic idle they most all V-6's had it and replacing the Intake Air Charge Temp Sensor with the updated one cures the erratic idle. The original sensor is cooled off by the intake air and puts the system in to cold start and raises the idle. The up dated one has a deflector on it to get a true reading.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

239 is based on a 360 V-8. (360 - 122 = 238. My 1988 (made in Sept 1987) has an RV cam a 1 inch phonalic spacer under injector and the timing was kicked ahead til it pinged and backed of a few degrees. I have not problems getting up to speed or keeping up with traffic, it will cruise all day at 65 /70. Get 10 around town and 15 highway with a heavy duty 4 speed and 4:10 gears.As for the erratic idle they most all V-6's had it and replacing the Intake Air Charge Temp Sensor with the updated one cures the erratic idle. The original sensor is cooled off by the intake air and puts the system in to cold start and raises the idle. The up dated one has a deflector on it to get a true reading.

I heard it run Sunday and it doesn't surge or idle erratic like he said, it just idles too fast. The wipers and emergency brakes have been fixed. I drove it down the long driveway and back, did fine, but I couldn't get up a lot of speed on the gravel road. I turned the steering wheel with the motor off and there's no slop or slack anywhere.

Tom's (mechanic at the shop) son works for a used car dealer and he checked whatever it is they check to see what a vehicle is worth and he said the retail price is from $3100 to $4100, depending on the condition, so this guy's right in the middle.

I went down 460 towards Appomattox this evening when I left the shop to look at a short bed Chevrolet 4wd that was for sale, just for curiosity. It had worn out, dry-rotted 38'' Super Swampers on it, and was just eaten up with rust, and they were asking $3000 for it.

I think i'm gonna buy that little Dodge, I just like it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I heard it run Sunday and it doesn't surge or idle erratic like he said, it just idles too fast. The wipers and emergency brakes have been fixed. I drove it down the long driveway and back, did fine, but I couldn't get up a lot of speed on the gravel road. I turned the steering wheel with the motor off and there's no slop or slack anywhere.

Tom's (mechanic at the shop) son works for a used car dealer and he checked whatever it is they check to see what a vehicle is worth and he said the retail price is from $3100 to $4100, depending on the condition, so this guy's right in the middle.

I went down 460 towards Appomattox this evening when I left the shop to look at a short bed Chevrolet 4wd that was for sale, just for curiosity. It had worn out, dry-rooted 38'' Super Swampers on it, and was just eaten up with rust, and they were asking $3000 for it.

I think i'm gonna buy that little Dodge, I just like it.

Fast idle is a dirty ISC you can pull it clean it and the seat and is should fix the high idle. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Oh, and it had 153,000 miles on it, not 180 something. My Ranger has 154,000 on it.

Thanks Paul!

what's a ISC?

Idle Speed Control,Dodge uses a stepper motor held in the Throttle body with a pair of screws it's on the Throttle body with a 4 or 6 wire plug. It controls the Idle speed on cold start up when there is a load on the engine like steering wheel turned to the stop. .

They get dirty with carbon and oil from the PCV. They generally stick open and act like a vacuum leak. Pull it clean it get it un stuck and it should be fine. If not it's about the cost of a few burgers at the parts store.

Some times the Throttle body to intake gasket also leaks but generally it is the IAC being dirty.

Paul

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 weeks later...

Key off, un plug the ISC and start to see if the idle drops (there is also a base idle screw on the body to mechanically set the idle at about 650 /700 rpm) if it dropped a new ISC from Auto Zone or Napa is about $20.00

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE