Looked at a Dodge Today...

other dog

Nice looking and not the normal rust.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Offer them $3000 in $20 dollar bills and drive it home. Almost every panel and mechanical part is available new or used for them. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

92 or 93? Probably 318 magnum very good fuel inj eng. If it smokes it probably needs an intake pan gasket. Easy fix.

Rust? Look under the rocker panel up to the floorboard to the back of the cab there's a cab down brace that are the first to rust out. And where the radiator support bolts to the frame up front. There's a bolt on each side of it to the frame mount. That also is a high rust area.

W and D model dodges are getting harder to find. Better buy it.

Good luck.

hmmmmm...you guys are going to talk me into buying a truck I don't need. Maybe it'll be sold by the time I go back and look at it tomorrow- I mean if I were to go look at it tomorrow. Motor might be locked up in it or something. Might have 900,000 miles on it too. I do like the looks of it though.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

If it's a 91 with a 318 it should be throttle body fuel inj. Was good for its time. I think 2 maybe 3 years production run harder to get parts for but easy to swap over to a carburetor and all the old stuff if need be.

Not hard at all. The Throttle body unit is a Holley Pro-jection unit and was also sold aftermarket . Gaskets, injectors and sensors are still available from Holley. My '88 is the first year of TBI aside from a 26 year old TPS wearing out and a lazy fuel pump relay no problems at all.

P.T.CHESHIRE

there's part of your post that I can't make out,can someone translate what "a truck I don't need " means.

Good point- I see a lot of stuff sitting up and down the road for sale and don't pay it any mind usually, but that little Dodge really got my attention. Think i'll call the guy tomorrow and take another look. I've got to go right by it again tomorrow anyway.

• Like 1

That grill was from 91-93, Fuel injection started in 88 or 89 if I remember correctly. I've had three Ramchargers (1983, 1990, 1991) as well as an 86 Shortbed 4x4. The shortbed 4x4 is by far the hardest to find, especially without rust. Great motors, great trans, these things run forever. buy it and don't look back. You will be happy in the long run.

post-11944-0-69852500-1442633743_thumb.j

post-11944-0-71880700-1442633809_thumb.j

post-11944-0-64954300-1442633854_thumb.j

post-11944-0-70871300-1442634193_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hope it hasn't been sold by the time I get back.

I was wondering why the pictures weren't real clear. I had the big camera with me today, and I looked at it to see what setting it was on after I put the pictures on the computer. The lens was on manual focus and I didn't even focus it at all.