B-73 Restoration

10 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

This is coming together at a fast rate now 

Paul

It is, which I’m very happy about!! Still a lot to do, but I think that it will go reasonably quick too as a lot has been done already and it will be a lot of paint and assembly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vladislav said:

What are those green tint glasses? Newly made?

Yes, all new glass and slightly tinted. There was no using what came with it due to scoring, age, overspray, cracks.... It looks great with fresh glass.

• Like 2

Hi Matt

Your comments re the 220 exhaust manifold and exhaust stack frame you plan fitting. We have our 6 inch twin exhaust stacks attached to the side of our cab, with the flexible stainless steel sections under the cab. The LS sound and heat works excellently, we have no resonance or vibration, and I can hear the radio and CD's music very clearly, with the windows closed. The real joy is hearing the motor humming with the turbo whistling when driving with the window down, "music", I think the LS deadening effects eliminates or absorbs all cab, door metal and engine hood resonance, so that only the engine sound thru the exhaust is what we hear. We also put the LS sound on underside of the inner and outer guards and the V shaped infill panel between the guards and hood, this has significantly reduced road noise from the front wheels and vibrations and resonance from engine bay.

Your cab looks magnificent, compliments to your passion and attention to detail. The red colour is perfect. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 8:00 PM, mattb73lt said:

Sometimes you have to go backward to go forward. When I painted the dash, a drip landed on it from my gun cup. Thought I'd let it harden and wet sand it out. Well it sanded out, but it still left a mark in the metallic paint. Made a spot repair and thought I could blend that with some wet sanding. That didn't do it either. Sooo, disassemble the whole thing (It was ready to bolt in, dammit!!), wet sand and repaint the whole thing. A huge pain, but it's done and looks a lot better. It would have driven me nuts to leave it, the rest of it was looking so good. Never been a fan of metallic paints.

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

I completely understand!  Maybe nobody else would have known it was there, but it would have driven me crazy too!

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

3 hours ago, harrybarbon said:

Spot on 👍 Matt are those air hoses close to the firewall? If yes what air con unit are you fitting?

No A/C, yet. Planning for a back wall unit later on, when it's assembled. Maybe a Red Dot unit or something similar. I think what you're seeing is the defroster hoses. I pre-ran those as they're hard to do later.

• Like 1

we installed the Vintage air Mark 1V unit which is very powerful and fits up by the firewall and no problems for passenger legs/feet. try and see what they have, Tylden heritage has fitted at least 5 units now and you only have the truck cab, will cool really well. and no external fittings.

• 3 weeks later...

That cab is pretty nice. I’ll give you 500 bucks for it. You’ll have to deliver it to PA though.  And paint the roof black.  If not I’ll only give you 400.  
Anyway   I’m really jealous.  I wish I could do work like that.  Keep the posts coming.  It’s great to see someone getting something done. Mike. 

• Like 2