B-73 Restoration

It is expensive. I bought a gallon of PPG Concept, with all the additives and hardener it was over $900. Red is one of the most expensive colors due to the pigments. I heard pearlescent paint was even more expensive. 

2 hours ago, mattb73lt said:

It is expensive. I bought a gallon of PPG Concept, with all the additives and hardener it was over $900. Red is one of the most expensive colors due to the pigments. I heard pearlescent paint was even more expensive. 

Wow- I knew it was pricey-but had no idea it was that high.  In any case, that will add to the "wow factor" when guys see this truck!

22 hours ago, mattb73lt said:

I was going to go back to the original Mack “Fleet Red”. I already painted the bottom of the cab.

Would that be the same as the red they used on chassis? I'll paint my chassis Mack red, I haven't looked up the paint code yet (I'm using Axalta/Dupont).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 9:52 AM, hurstscrambler said:

If it’s not too much trouble to share, where did you get the dust curtains and are you satisfied with them?  That may be a good solution for a problem in my shop.  Thanks, Andy

No problem. I started by googling “sliding dust curtain”. Up came a bunch of sites, and chose AKON Curtain and Divider. 

www.curtain-and-divider.com

They had what I was looking for and were easy to work with. Took about 30 days to get the order, from the first call. Many options and products to choose from. Installation was easy, I did it by myself in about three hours for both curtains. So far I’m very happy with them and should work great once I start spraying and for any dusty projects.

Edited by mattb73lt
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...