Pictures of the Week

other dog

Other dog,that old chevy you saw with the keystone beer for sale there is a old green truck about 100' feet from the chevy.I would always past it on my way to see my son right down the road at Mount Saint Mary University.The statue is at the grotto they have up behind the school.You may or may not know that Camp David is right over the other side of the mountain from MSM.

Hope you are doing better...I miss the grill. At this very moment my grill is up to the lid in snow. I couldn't even open the door to the gas bottle without shoveling it out...then it's too cold to thaw meet in it even if you could get it to light up...May is coming!

I'd avoid the green ribs...just sayin.

Greg

• Like 1

Other dog,that old chevy you saw with the keystone beer for sale there is a old green truck about 100' feet from the chevy.I would always past it on my way to see my son right down the road at Mount Saint Mary University.The statue is at the grotto they have up behind the school.You may or may not know that Camp David is right over the other side of the mountain from MSM.

Thanks Mike, I did not know that, and have often wondered exactly where Camp David was.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

OD, good to hear you are feeling better. If you are going to be near that Lowe's again, let me know and I will buy you a cup of joe.

Thanks Fred, I don't run 29 a whole lot anymore, just once in a while. Getting through all those 10,000 stop lights between Charlottesville and Ruckersville is a real pain in the butt with a heavy load. I used to stop to eat at that old truck stop that was on the right just north of Ruckersville sometimes, it's closed now, or maybe it's something else. Had a little tire shop out back.

When I first saw those things off in the distance I thought it was a roller coaster!

DANG! That short bus is a Studebaker!!! I don't need it, I don't need it, I....d o n' t n e e d it Wonder if it's for sale.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I went to college in Gettysburg right up the road from Mount St. Mary's. Used to go to the liquor store right off US Route 15 to buy on Sundays.... Also to eat at the Ott House or Stavros Pizza... Or we ran first due with our ladder truck to Emmitsburg as well... Until they bought a tower ladder.... Nothing like running balls to the wall on 15 in the middle of the winter.... You'd freeze your ass off for the first few minutes, nice and warm for the next few minutes, then burning up hot by the time you rolled into town with that detroit in the dog box next to you.

77seagrave.jpg

• Like 2

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

yea all the surveilance garbage up there will overload your brain double or even triple up on the tinfoil

You have to wear an electronic colander over the triple tin foil hats and a watch cap.

post-3242-0-43596600-1423257729_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

All the rivets in my tool box door broke last summer, so I got a cordless drill and some screws and fixed it myself in the parking lot at the shop. It only had four rivets in it to begin with. I put six screws in it-

post-1374-0-31130400-1423267978_thumb.jp

The other day I opened the tool box on the headache rack and it almost came off in my hand- only the top rivet was holding the door to the hinge. They fixed it at the shop though- put all of two screws in it.

post-1374-0-15748900-1423268397_thumb.jp

They were supposed to have fixed this one too, all the rivets have come loose, but I guess they figured it didn't need more fixing- I already had a rubber strap on it. I guess the road bounce and vibration breaks the rivets, this door on the passenger side tool box rarely gets opened.

post-1374-0-91872500-1423268441_thumb.jp

I went down to Dillwyn with a van today, picked up a load of Kyanite going to Chester, W.V.

post-1374-0-03840600-1423268805_thumb.jp

Leaving the Mullite plant

post-1374-0-53659200-1423268866_thumb.jp

...in a big cloud of dust.

post-1374-0-17968100-1423268905_thumb.jp

Old Bill asked me a few weeks ago if I wanted a new leather cap that he got from Trimac. I said "sure, if you're going to throw it out i'll be glad to have it."

It came in the mail yesterday- nice cap!

post-1374-0-28923300-1423270611_thumb.jp

Never seen a size adjuster thinga-ma-bob like this-

post-1374-0-88533500-1423270677_thumb.jp

It's way too nice to wear to work, i'll just stick it in the memorabilia cabinet with the other trucking memorabilia stuff in the trucking memorabilia cabinet. :rolleyes:

post-1374-0-04109900-1423270870_thumb.jp

He sent me a webcam too, way nicer than the one I have now, but it wouldn't work on my computer. It only worked with Windows XP and older systems.

• Like 1

You put on 3 tin foil hats, the watch cap over the tinfoil hats a Colander on the very top and the web cam on the tippy top on the Colander. The gate guards at Camp David will think you are Joe B. the Veep

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE