$100...and worth every penny!

RowdyRebel

I bought one of those about a year ago from Napa. On sale it was 200 I think but never the less one of the best investments I've ever made. Tractors trucks whatever just hit the switch and up it goes. We even have a shop built press and we use it in there sometimes and it work awsome. Best of luck with yours.

I have been thinking about one of them too! I want one that has the wheels and the handle (utimate convienience!) They want an arm and a leg for them!

Push the button, trucks goes up in the air, me like!

I'm right there with ya on that one,for me the worst part is crawling under the truck.

USA... Harbor Freight

Canada... Princess Auto

got a Princess 20ton a few years ago for $67cdn on sale.... didn't expect top quality for that price but it lifts great with 90psi, but they get plugged quickly if your air supply has a hint of moisture in it...

BC Mack

Picked mine up @ Rural King. Not bad, really. Napa might have good stuff, but they can be mighty proud of it, too. I like to get what I can from farm supply type stores when I can...got several to choose from around here. Rural King, Orscheln, Buchheit, Tractor Supply Co., Ag Mart, etc...

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I bought an air/hyd cylinder for my engine hoist. I've got one of the folding style hoist and to pump that cylinder up every time to use it.>>NOT. Now I just push a button and presto-chango it rises to the occasion.

I've thought about an air jack also, might just spend the $100. My Allied 6ton bottle jack will pick one side of my axle up, but it takes a stout arm. My 3.5t floor jack is about the same. It will get it up, but takes quite a pump.

I use to borrow a buddies 3/4" impact every time I needed one. I finally did some searching and found a nice I/R 3/4" and it works wonders. I put a 1/2" line on my compressor and the big fittings just to make sure it had the volume. Might not work against a big shop 1" impact, but for my truck it is fine. Since I tighten it, I can get it off.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I picked up a 22.5T air powered hydraulic jack on wheels with a long handle for those jobs. It has different height spacers with it for various height loads etc. Works great now that I filled it with oil...it was low from the factory. It's not convenient to take on the road but is a nice shop tool. It was about $125 from Northern tool or some outfit like that. Crawling is removed from the equation which is NICE!

• Like 1

i have a 16 and a 20 ton air over hydrolic bottle jack. I don't remember witch came from where but one came from harbor freight another from a farm store. haven't had any issues with either. havent come across anything either wont lift. my 1 inch impact is from harbor freight as well. never had any trouble busting off lug nuts with it. the 1 inch gun is a air hog though. I have a pretty big compressor but far from the biggest 60 gallon single stage 2 piston if i remember right its like 13.5 cfm at 60 psi and 11.5 @90 and normally i get to the last lug nut on a wheel and i have to wait a few seconds or so to break it loose. Sometimes if i just crack all the lug nuts first then start over taking them the rest of the way off i will get them all without having to wait so keep that in mind when you get your 1 inch gun they require a pretty hefty compressor.

I also plan to get a 3/4 impact next time i make a trip to harbor freight (nearest one is 200 miles away from me) i have a really strong 1/2 impact (800 ft lb rated) and it really cranks for a 1/2 gun but sometimes i need just a little more umph but yet but cant get at it with my massive 1 inch gun

I've got a CP 1/2" gun that is pretty stout...SUPPOSED to have something like 1200 ft lb breakaway and 980 or so working ft lb that I carry with me in the truck. Once I bust the lugs loose with the 40" breaker bar, it does just fine in a pinch...but at home where I've got my 80 gallon/14.5 cfm compressor, I'd rather use the 3/4" gun or get a 1". Breaking down tires and mounting new ones is tough enough WITHOUT fighting stubborn lugs. I've got 100 to deal with on my tractor alone...20/drive and 10/steer...dang stud-piloted hubs. That's the other problem I have, though...half of the lugs turn the wrong way, so the gun can put 'em on with more force than it can pull 'em back off.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

my freightliner has bud wheels so i feel your pain there. my mack has hub centered a lot nicer. for the most part if i am getting 8 tires im at a tire shop. most the time when im busting tires its patch/repair work so i am only doing a tire or two. although not too long ago i had 8 tires on steel rims i wanted on my aluminum rims. on my mack, so i broke down 16 tires and re-mounted 8. that was a lot of work that day. but it was easier than loading up 8 mounted tires and hauling them to a tire place and then having them swapped over. and really once you get the rythem going its not too bad.

really from a cost standpoint tires are about the only thing i don't mind taking to a shop for the cost involved i prefer to just let them do it. however many times you spend twice the time waiting at the tire shop than what it takes you to just do it yourself. so that's why i end up doing most my tire work.

No matter where you buy one from they look like they are made from the same place, I cant imagine that whomever puts one of these together on an assembly line is thinking this one might be a budget one so I will make it inferior. They are only thinking 100 more and I can take a break.

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/floor-jacks/22-ton-airhydraulic-floor-jack-61476.html

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200344413_200344413

http://www.uniquetruck.com/p-7142-yellow-jackit-22-ton-air-hydraulic-floor-jack.aspx?affiliateID=10056&gclid=CjwKEAiA_4emBRCxi8_f2cWWjFcSJAB-v1qy4ubumQ6zSKQx9eXp5kuHCSSAgcqGIXEtE77GJmFUJBoC8NXw_wcB

20% off coupon.pdf

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."