AB & AC's in WI

I know and I belong to another site that will actually ban you for posting auction link because of all the crying the members do when you alert others of an auction they may be bidding on.

Yep, similar thing happened to me on another site. A person was looking for a part and I posted a link for eBay. Next day my post was deleted.

If I am bidding on an item, I am not going to post the link or info. If I am not interested, then I will post for others to see (who may be interested).

Isn't this what we are about....helping each other?

• Like 2

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I used to buy a lot of military surplus it was real funny when I put in a proxy bid if I won the lot it was usually one bid under my set price.

Same thing happened to me. I was unable to attend so I phoned in a bid. And to my surprise, I bought the item for the same price as my highest bid. Very interesting!

I hate buyer's premiums, live internet auctions, and "silent/phantom" bidders.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Last Feb I sold 5 of my Mopars at the Atlantic City auction, on my Challenger, there was one "gentleman" who kept upping the bid every time it lagged (good for me and the auction co) The last day of the auction he was in the office filling out commission forms. I called him Mr Shill but it was over his head. Upped the price on my Challenger by almost $15,000. Funny thing the next B.J auction in Florida, my Duster was listed as a 1 of 1 which it was, but also as numbers matching. It wasn't sold as a numbers matching in A.City. I blew up the 340 the first weekend I owned it. So it was not numbers matching car since it was 3 days old. Paul.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yep, I firmly believe that most of the auctions on eBay are not honest. It is way too easy for the seller to shill the auction which in turn makes other sellers believe their items are worth more than they should really sell for.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

since you are talking about fraud auctions, just check out this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mack-R-Model-Day-Cab-Semi-/201269301374?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2edc95d07e&item=201269301374&pt=Commercial_Trucks

You probably have seen truck already and according to the history it was sold a couple times and he has received feed back for at least two trucks that were sold but if you click on items for sale he has the trucks re-listed?

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

This truck was posted on here when it was for sale on bidspotter or something like that. I tried to bid in it but it took me too long to register. It sold for $10,000. Mike

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.