1988 MH613 eBay

farmer52

I got word of this MH for sale from a friend. I called the owner the Friday before Christmas and he promised to send pictures. I told him I was interested in buying the MH and we agreed to wait until after Christmas to look at the truck. Long story short, I never received pics and now I see it listed on eBay with a reserve. Asking price WAS $5000. Needless to say I am no longer interested in this MH. :angry:

Here is the link....good luck to whomever buys it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Mack-MH613-Cabover-Truck-Tractor-/151527399676?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2347bca0fc&item=151527399676&pt=Commercial_Trucks

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

UPDATE:

I FINALLY received an email from the "previous" owner (after I just sent him a note this morning). It was sold to a local exporter. DAMN!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

And the guy NEVER HAD THE RESPECT to let me know. Here I sat waiting and waiting and......

• Like 1

Ken

So the exporter has it listed on Ebay??

Yes as I understand but the listing states "it is being used in their fleet". Lee is not the person I talked with on the phone or emails. Not sure what is going on but it appears "screwed up". One thing I know for sure, the auction price starts at $5000 and has a reserve.

Ken

I do not know if the Ebay listing information is true or not. Truck looks like a twin to the one Vlad bought. Both were originally from Mansfield,Pa. and this one is still listed being in Mansfield,Pa.Both are same colors as B+D Trucking Mansfield,Pa that closed up shop. Joe D.

The evilbay page tells "1 bid" and "reserve not met".

Interesting they wrote in description the origial owner was an owner-operator.

Wonder how did he own 63 rigs being operating them personally :whistling:

Too might be B&D truck by the colors and the short wheel base.

Although that one is #63 and of 1988 and my one was #31 of 1991.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I do not know if the Ebay listing information is true or not. Truck looks like a twin to the one Vlad bought. Both were originally from Mansfield,Pa. and this one is still listed being in Mansfield,Pa.Both are same colors as B+D Trucking Mansfield,Pa that closed up shop. Joe D.

You are correct, it is the same color/specs as B&D. This one was part of an order for B&D. The original owner bought this from B&D and leased back to B&D. B&D was located in Liberty, PA.

Ken

Could you get a E7 in a MH?

Yes, it was available starting in 1990 or 1991. Vlad's 1991 has an E7 mechanical. My 1992 MH has a VMAC EM7.

Ken you are right that B+D was from Liberty,Pa.I saw truck was for located in Mansfield,Pa. I just typed it in. My mistake. Joe D.

Joe, yes the truck is now in Mansfield (per the eBay listing) but was previously closer to Wellsboro, PA.

I forgot to mention, I have the build sheet from Mack and it shows the original owner's name and not B&D.

Ken

I still have the order sheet from our local Mack dealer when we spected an MH in 89 for a 90. One of the options was an E7. Didn't end buying the truck as we couldn't "agree" on how the truck should be spec. So yes the E7 at 400 hp was an option

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

bc mack what happened with that clutch you were trying to get unstuck?

the MH is my summer outdoor project, I work on my Scenicruiser in the winter as it is undercover... too many projects, but good ones !!!.

I have already removed the two fuel tanks, exhaust cross-over, driveline and battery boxes... trans is coming out in April/May depends on the weather... a few on here recommended various products to spray in the clutch but in the end it just seemed wiser to pull the clutch and have a good look at it... pt2 of "my summer project" will chronical all the happenings, good or bad.

BC Mack

• Like 1

Checked fleabay this morning and the MH is relisted with same starting bid and a reserve.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151536286942?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just for shits and grins I am thinking to call on Friday morning and make a low ball offer. :rolleyes:

I was told a seller should not refuse an offer at the beginning of the year...bad luck.

Ken

Checked fleabay this morning and the MH is relisted with same starting bid and a reserve.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151536286942?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just for shits and grins I am thinking to call on Friday morning and make a low ball offer. :rolleyes:

I was told a seller should not refuse an offer at the beginning of the year...bad luck.

Well? Whats the latest? Do you own the dog?

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!