Ready Jet Cleaning?

41chevy

There is a company called Ready-Jet that has a system to remove set concrete from mixer drums using high pressure water on a remote arm. They tout that it will remove any amount of concrete from a drum with no damage to the drum. My choice so I can easily move my B mixer with 4 plus yards of vintage concrete in it is A) chip it out, cut the drum to remove as much as I can, Scrap the drum and look for another when it is moved to Va or the water process. Anybody know anything about it aside from the U Tube video? I'd like a any input before I pay them to come up and give me an estimate. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

sounds like a great idea it is hard to imagine that it could be that simple I thought real high pressure water was used to cut steel using computer controlled dodahs as well these days I would have thought if it was enough power to cut concrete the the steel would be stuffed as well

I found it I think u tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPAVOxUAX6Y it looks as if it seems to work ok wonder what the charge would be ????

Paul

That looked like a Mack R or DM....I hope I am wrong.

It was talked about back when they did it. Was quite the ordeal for them to pull off, but sadly it was a Mack. It all started with "how to get cured concrete out of a drum". They started with hammers and then someone made a comment about blasting it. They tried a small charge and didn't phase it. Then they thought...."what if we really packed it with LOTS of explosives?"

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

With the thorough description you posted here, along with photos of truck and drum sent to the company, they should be able to give you a 'ballpark' estimate over the phone rather easily. They've done a number of these, right? If they show up for the estimate with the equipment in tow then offer to deduct the cost of the estimate if you buy, kick them off your property. The machinery and process either works or it doesn't, and you pay in full upon completion.

• Like 1

gotta toss in my 2cents worth. watched the video saw 20.000 psi water pressure i still have to wonder what what that system would do with 8.5 yards of 7 bag mix set up and left sitting for a month fully cured in to a solid block dont think it would come out so quick

gotta toss in my 2cents worth. watched the video saw 20.000 psi water pressure i still have to wonder what what that system would do with 8.5 yards of 7 bag mix set up and left sitting for a month fully cured in to a solid block dont think it would come out so quick

They have a rep in NYC from Blasters Incorporated Industrial and Highway Services Division who will come out and estimate my drum. Rough cost of $3000 to $4000 or less guesstamate. We'll see next Monday what and how much. Depending on cost it'll stay a mixer or become something else.

The truck was parked with about 1/2 to 2/3 of a load set around the inside screw about 1973 or so.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Seems like it works, it all depends on cost if it is worth it. Watched some of the other chemical washes also, not sure it would work on the inside and if it did I am sure it would cost more to get the results you would want.

Do you know any local producers to see what they do or if they can get a discount?

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

When about did Hoffa go missing...?

Was the truck used at the Meadowlands?

Eastern end of the Long Island Expressway. :whistling: . . .Jimmy's at exit 70

I went to the Nicolia Concrete plant out here and talked the shop foreman. He gave me the number for the company they use for the plant. I'll hit all the options I can.

The acid won't word because of the amount needed and the local HAZMAT requirements for buying it, use and disposal of it.

Blasters Inc charges $50 for an estimate for tolls and mileage, applied to job cost if you use them.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Just my .02 cents but, I bet it rides better with a little weight in it, why not leave it and label it as an antique truck with a "vintage" load still inside!

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Just my .02 cents but, I bet it rides better with a little weight in it, why not leave it and label it as an antique truck with a "vintage" load still inside!

According to the scales it has 5500 lbs of "vintage collectible" concrete in it. Half above the C/G

P.T.CHESHIRE

See now your getting it, 5500# of "vintage" era appropriate concrete should bring the value up!

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Ah but mine is a B model. They have enough sense to stay off the water. :):bmod_mix:

P.T.CHESHIRE