single axle v8 r model

countryboy5487

I would be interested to know more about this truck but it is too far away. I am sure if it is legit, it will sell fast. Hmmm, a single axle V8, not your everyday cup of tea.

weasel....sounds like a road trip.

Yeah. Told my wife I should go look at it. She didn't quite understand! She said I couldn't even get rid of the one I have!

Guess she doesn't quite understand that, if the cab is good, I might restore the cab, drop it on mine, & keep it.

Or, maybe that's exactly what she understood!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

They made 1,381 R615 trucks between 1965 & 1971.

I drove a normally-aspirated one (END-864) years ago. It was only a little stronger-feeling than a normally-aspirated 6 (END-673) I drove in a B61 earlier.

That non-existent title may or may not be an issue. But, NC is VERY picky about such things...especially once a vehicle achieves "antique" status. The only way to buy it might be for parts. Otherwise, you may never be able to title/tag it.

It used to be that all you had to do was pay for a title search. But, now they don't even like to do that.

Now, GA is a lot easier to deal with on antique stuff. After a certain age, they no longer issue a title! Or, at least that's how they were a few years ago. May still be.

If you want to have some fun, try bringing in a GA vehicle with no title, and only a bill of sale, and try titling it in NC!

On the other hand, if I bought a good cab, good hood, and maybe a nice single-axle rear setup, it might breathe new life into my NC-titled truck! And, as a side benefit, there would be cool parts to sell to someone else out there who needed them...like maybe a running 864.

No matter. I probably won't make it out there before it sells anyway.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

1381 R615's but I have never seen a single axle version ever. im betting its original. good cabs are getting hard to find. I have one and hate to part with it. they are out there tho. there is a single axle R400 up by me one Craigslist for 2800 that I think has a good cab and bad engine. one good thing about Ny is all you need is a frame picture of the serial number or a pencil etchin and a bill of sale and they will run the number, make sure no TMT is owed on it and they issue you plates.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg