The Reason Our Economy Is In The Crapper

Something being made in Great Brittan? Thats a new one to me. Well all of our manufacturing is moving to china where substandard yet cheap materials and manufacturing processes exist. I believe its can be up to ten times cheaper to make something in China. Plus the EPA has created a huge problem when it comes to setting up steel mills and possibly foundries so guess who has no environmental laws? China. So thats why most of our scrap metal is shipped there. Who do we blame? The corporations who have been trying to increase profits to satisfy share holders with no care for quality. And we all know ALL politicians are easily corruptible when it comes to money. And don't forget the weak dollar thanks to the central banks (Federal Reserve) who have been creating debt for us since 1914. And since oil is traded in dollars the price of oil has been increased to compensate for the weak dollar. This has caused oil countries that have their financial reserver in dollars to dump the dollar putting more dollars back into the economy thus further lowering the dollars value. Unless something is done soon we are headed for big trouble.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Well Mccain is needing a running parner so you want me to call him?

my opinion who ever keeps letting these foreigners in this country is mostly for this blame all the bleeding heart liberals that say thats not right and you cant say that is what really fddddd up this country everybody allways forgets the basics about stuff for example what are fathers and grandfathers did years ago to make this country what it is next time you fly the flag on 4th of july or any other holiday think of that at my house and shop old glory flys high every day for the right reasons i feel for all the men and women who fought for this counrty over the years and are seeing now whats going on :angry:

my opinion who ever keeps letting these foreigners in this country is mostly for this blame all the bleeding heart liberals that say thats not right and you cant say that is what really fddddd up this country everybody allways forgets the basics about stuff for example what are fathers and grandfathers did years ago to make this country what it is next time you fly the flag on 4th of july or any other holiday think of that at my house and shop old glory flys high every day for the right reasons i feel for all the men and women who fought for this counrty over the years and are seeing now whats going on :angry:

The illegals are the problem. If you come here legally, I have no problem with that. Three of my friends are immigrants. All of their families came here legally and all of them are doing very well. Its the stupid politicians like Spitzer who wanted to give drivers Licenses to illegals but thankfully that moron was caught and now is out of office. You also have special interest groups that try to defend the illegals and want the government to provide them with the same services a citizen has. They should F^%& off because everyone deserves a chance but only if you come to this country the proper way like so many others. Rejected? Too bad try again.

As for my political stance I take no sides. I am a democrat but wanted to vote for Ron Paul. A TRUE Republican who knows all about the BS going on here and wanted to put a stop to it.

-Thad

Don't be too hard on we Brits - it is nice to see "Made in Britain" once in a while (as ThaddeusW says - it is a rare sight). After all - what sort of mascot would you all have if it weasn't for Brit soldiers in WW1? Thought - if those AC's had gone to the Frence it might have been a poodle. My goodness - we could have lost and it would have been a daschund!

I know the feeling though - Jaguar and Land Rover are now Indian owned....

:mack1: hello mackpro first offall the netherlands is a country in europe whit the only DUTCH MACKFANCLUB in the world for about 30 years now.we all loves MACK overhere .and could you tell me whitch part was made overhere in the netherlands i am curious wo makes it thanks greetings rene :MackLogo:

:mack1: hello mackpro first offall the netherlands is a country in europe whit the only DUTCH MACKFANCLUB in the world for about 30 years now.we all loves MACK overhere .and could you tell me whitch part was made overhere in the netherlands i am curious wo makes it thanks greetings rene :MackLogo:

Didn't mean to offend anyone with my comment about the Netherlands. I know Mack is famous all over the world and am glad you like Macks as much as we do. The part looks like the engine thermostat housing. Mack might have another name for it though. I know the coolant filter stand assembly is made in China and some of the brackets for the alt and a/c compressor and fan shroud are made in Great Britan. When I take these MP engines apart it's weird to see where all the parts come from.

I'm just a young buck 28 years old. But the biggest problem with this country is our young! There is alot of good kids out there but I think there's more bad spoiled brats then we can handle! So many of my friends have done nothing with their lives. Its so sad to see them just sit around the house and smoke pot and play video games. I don't think everyone is destined for greatness but I just wish my generation would work harder.

Heres a new MP-7. Is the Netherlands a country? And right below the MP7, India, Soon the only jobs in the U.S. will be to sell, service and assemble the stuff we buy from overseas.

Haha that engine is all over the place! India has been big on casting for years. Just about ever sewer grate and cover I have seen was made in India.

Oh and by the way everyone the Euro is now at $1.57! If the dollar keeps going down I would invest in the Euro as it looks like it might go up further. It was at $1.44 back in January and keeps going up. The British Pound is doing pretty good too although it is dropping a bit.

Russia had 90% of their oil money in US dollars and now its down to 40% with 50% in Euros and 10% in British pounds. Foreign investments are dumping the Dollar in favor of the Euro.

-Thad

I'm just a young buck 28 years old. But the biggest problem with this country is our young! There is alot of good kids out there but I think there's more bad spoiled brats then we can handle! So many of my friends have done nothing with their lives. Its so sad to see them just sit around the house and smoke pot and play video games. I don't think everyone is destined for greatness but I just wish my generation would work harder.

Thats why so many cpmpanys hire the illegals,it seams like there the only ones who whant to work anymore,everyone else wants a do nothing job complete with all the benfits and retirement plan.If you want to make it in this day and age you have to get hungry and stay hungry,No matter what you young people decide to do,even trucking,just give it your best shot and you'll make it just fine and be a better person for it. Good Luck.

We had a TD7G Wide track Dresser dozer w/ a 4B Cummins rated @ 70 hp ( like a 6b used in older dodge trucks but 2 clyinders chopped off & bout size machine as a D3 Cat ) we rebuilt it when it 4500 hours on the motor rings were getting shot in it & began white smoking like a tar kettle .

THE BLOCK MADE IN GERMANY

The Pistons & rings made from our friends in Great Britain

The rods made here in U.S.A

I Laughed & called our little 4B Cummins Melting pot of culture ;)

later yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

At least you guys have a truck manufacturing industry over there. The only factories in Australia are Mack, Paccar (Kenworth) and Volvo, which are basically assembly plants. The partly assembled trucks are imported and finished off here. Except for Kenworth who import the components and assemble to order. See if you can find "Made in Australia" anywhere. LMAO. As for the economy, well ours isn't so bright either, heading the other way with inflation and cost of living spiralling upwards. Hopefully with the new Prime Minister things might settle a bit. Was amusing to see him in China last week telling a group of Uni students and the Chinese leaders exactly what he thought of Tibet and environmental issues. Not that they care I suspect. They'll just keep buying our coal and iron ore and churning out cheap exports. While their economy grows at a rate beyond belief, they won't give a s**t about long term problems it may cause.

Just a little observation.

Back in 1980 when inflation was running at a solid 12%, I had a Certificate of Deposite that was earning 16% intrest. That still was not enough to purchase a house. Credit card intrest was running at a solid 22% and car loans were running around 16% The man from Plains GA. had just been tossed out (Jimma Carter). The hostages from Iran were just about to be relased and the USA image was in the crapper.

It was a big thing to "Be American.....Buy American!" Well, I did. I went out and bought a brand new Mercury Zepher station wagon. It was a little Four door wagon with a 4 banger and a 5 speed. Gas was real expensive and we had to conserve. (Today diesel is $4.49 Hartford, Ct.)

After a year or so, the tranny fell out of it. While I was making repairs I found that the "American" car body was made in Canada, the engine was made in Mexico and the tansmission was made in Germany using Italin bearings. Some of the electronics were made in Japan. So, much for "Be American.....Buy American!"

The point I'm trying to make is this, this is not a new problem. Stuff is made all over the world and come to gather where it is assembled. The market drives the price. AS LONG AS IT IS A FREE MARKET!!

The stuff that is killing us is the Global Warming crap.....oh, I'm sorry the corect term is Climate changing (or some other crap!) The US Governemnt under orders from the senile congress demanded that Ultra low sulfer diesel only be sold as of June of 2007. The price of diesel started to rise in July of '07 and has not stopped!

News flash this week. An oil field in North and South Dakota, if drilled could fill all of our fuel demands for the next fifty years. This also includes a field that is off of the Atlantic coast. These two fields would make the US totaly independant of all foriegn oil. Oil is our life blood, without it our entire country and it's economy will grind to a halt.

OK, I have ranted enough.....sorry......but I do fill better. oh, maybe it is about feelings!

Nuke the whales!

Jim.

Rustednut

Rumors that Freightliner's recent 1000+ NC factory layoffs will be permanent due to new Mexican plant coming on line... not their first Mexico factory... plus PACCAR builds trucks for North America in Mexico... International builds trucks for North America in Mexico... Mercedes engines made in Brazil... Cummins building new plant in China...

Gee, looks like Volvo is the only truck manufacturer who assembles all the trucks they sell in North America... plus all the engines they sell in North America... in United States plants.

Plus they machine several major MP-7 and MP-8 parts including cams and crankshafts in Hagerstown... looks to me like it could have been much worse.

• 1 month later...
Don't be too hard on we Brits - it is nice to see "Made in Britain" once in a while (as ThaddeusW says - it is a rare sight). After all - what sort of mascot would you all have if it weasn't for Brit soldiers in WW1? Thought - if those AC's had gone to the Frence it might have been a poodle. My goodness - we could have lost and it would have been a daschund!

I know the feeling though - Jaguar and Land Rover are now Indian owned....

BRAVO :clap: Your right the wonderful Brits named our :clock_logo: and the Awsome P-51 mustang fighter of worl war 2 and it was the ROLLS ROYCE "MERLIN" engine that made it the best fighter of all time. GOD bless the BRITS ...... and who could forget DR. WHO.

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

• 4 weeks later...

till the end comes i'll just keep being a diesel tech......observing and learning and soaking up the $$$$$$ that are being put out by the new technology.My tools cost me a fortune...yes they do.....but to own and operate costs much more and i'm glad that my given talent of being a wrench will pay off someday....

I don't care what is made where...(yes i do really...a whole lot) it is my job to train,learn and figure out how all this shit works together to make a system of something.

Till the end...i'll praise pump,line,and nozzle motors and i'll just keep them as toys at home as restored antiques in the very end.....as one motor that will run no matter what, under any circumstance.I know they were still made all over the world and they still will run despite being 50 years old.(note....when i'm an old guy......80 or so).I'll be that old bastard at the drag strip with the sick diesel motor that has no electronics that is smoking the vintage ('98 if you call that vintage) mustangs........ :chili: there will be that day.