The Reason Our Economy Is In The Crapper

Just a little observation.

Back in 1980 when inflation was running at a solid 12%, I had a Certificate of Deposite that was earning 16% intrest. That still was not enough to purchase a house. Credit card intrest was running at a solid 22% and car loans were running around 16% The man from Plains GA. had just been tossed out (Jimma Carter). The hostages from Iran were just about to be relased and the USA image was in the crapper.

It was a big thing to "Be American.....Buy American!" Well, I did. I went out and bought a brand new Mercury Zepher station wagon. It was a little Four door wagon with a 4 banger and a 5 speed. Gas was real expensive and we had to conserve. (Today diesel is $4.49 Hartford, Ct.)

After a year or so, the tranny fell out of it. While I was making repairs I found that the "American" car body was made in Canada, the engine was made in Mexico and the tansmission was made in Germany using Italin bearings. Some of the electronics were made in Japan. So, much for "Be American.....Buy American!"

The point I'm trying to make is this, this is not a new problem. Stuff is made all over the world and come to gather where it is assembled. The market drives the price. AS LONG AS IT IS A FREE MARKET!!

The stuff that is killing us is the Global Warming crap.....oh, I'm sorry the corect term is Climate changing (or some other crap!) The US Governemnt under orders from the senile congress demanded that Ultra low sulfer diesel only be sold as of June of 2007. The price of diesel started to rise in July of '07 and has not stopped!

News flash this week. An oil field in North and South Dakota, if drilled could fill all of our fuel demands for the next fifty years. This also includes a field that is off of the Atlantic coast. These two fields would make the US totaly independant of all foriegn oil. Oil is our life blood, without it our entire country and it's economy will grind to a halt.

OK, I have ranted enough.....sorry......but I do fill better. oh, maybe it is about feelings!

Nuke the whales!

Jim.

Amen brother! Tree huggers and Democrats,they need to lighten up on the restrictions here- John McCain is in favor of drilling in ANWR and offshore,Barrack Hussein Obama is not. I vote republican myself,but i've not been too happy with them either-neither party seems to want what's good for the people,they want whatever keeps their particular party in office! :angry:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

till the end comes i'll just keep being a diesel tech......observing and learning and soaking up the $$$$$$ that are being put out by the new technology.My tools cost me a fortune...yes they do.....but to own and operate costs much more and i'm glad that my given talent of being a wrench will pay off someday....

I don't care what is made where...(yes i do really...a whole lot) it is my job to train,learn and figure out how all this shit works together to make a system of something.

Till the end...i'll praise pump,line,and nozzle motors and i'll just keep them as toys at home as restored antiques in the very end.....as one motor that will run no matter what, under any circumstance.I know they were still made all over the world and they still will run despite being 50 years old.(note....when i'm an old guy......80 or so).I'll be that old bastard at the drag strip with the sick diesel motor that has no electronics that is smoking the vintage ('98 if you call that vintage) mustangs........ :chili: there will be that day.

I saw one of the mechanics at the shop yesterday trying to shut the door on a Freightliner. I said "that's like the Peterbilt I drive-takes two or three tries to get the door shut on that too. Sure don't make 'em like they used to". The doors shut fine on the mixer,at 43 years old.

I'm just a young buck 28 years old. But the biggest problem with this country is our young! There is alot of good kids out there but I think there's more bad spoiled brats then we can handle! So many of my friends have done nothing with their lives. Its so sad to see them just sit around the house and smoke pot and play video games. I don't think everyone is destined for greatness but I just wish my generation would work harder.

HELL YEAH I HEAR THAT ONE AND IM YOUNGER YET. THE OTHER PROBLEM IS I THINK HALF MY FRIENDS ARE NOW PARENTS!!!! AND YES THE ILLEGAL ARE A PROBLEM IF MY GRANDMOTHER AND GRANDFATHER HAD TO WORK THEIR BUTTS OF TO BECOME AMERICANS. THEN I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR ILLEGALS. WORK FOR WHAT U WANT!! AND I CANT WAIT FOR BUSH TO BE OUTTA OFFICE

Speaking of CHINA.

Our GOVERMNENT ordered the recall of some products that are MADE IN CHINA.

1-TOOTH PASTE (Yes it is poissoned)

2-Some Brands of TOYS (Paited with paints that contain LEAD)

3-Some "GENERIC" PARTS for Cars and TRUCKS. (LOW QUALITY PARTS)

Thanks CHINA!!!!!!!

Now I know why the Chinesse Economy is BOOMING!!!!

They built everything CHEAP and do not have QUALITY CONTROL.

AMERICA... How many jobs are you going to let CHINA take from you??????/

HELL YEAH I HEAR THAT ONE AND IM YOUNGER YET. THE OTHER PROBLEM IS I THINK HALF MY FRIENDS ARE NOW PARENTS!!!! AND YES THE ILLEGAL ARE A PROBLEM IF MY GRANDMOTHER AND GRANDFATHER HAD TO WORK THEIR BUTTS OF TO BECOME AMERICANS. THEN I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR ILLEGALS. WORK FOR WHAT U WANT!! AND I CANT WAIT FOR BUSH TO BE OUTTA OFFICE

yeah,I know lots of kids like that. Some of their parents tell them from the time they're born that they're better than everyone else,they're special,they're wonderful,they're God's gift to the world, and they don't have to do anything around the house ( like work,I mean)then they get into the real world and find out they're none of the above,they're just like everybody else-except they're usually a**holes! At the risk of sounding like an old fogey again-I was driving a Farmall super "C" in the hayfield before I even started school. All I had to do was steer between 2 rows of bales while my daddy and grandfather loaded the wagon,and when we got to the end of the field daddy would step on and turn us around to start up the next row. Nowadays if somebody passed by on the highway and saw something like that they'd make a call on their cell phone to the child protection services,and somebody would in trouble. When I was in high school we'd get home from school and many a time there'd be 2 wagon loads of corn at the barn-i'd unload one,and my older brother would unload the other. With a grain shovel. And we stayed outdoors in the woods and in the creek playing,mama had to practically run us inside,and I had to run my kids outdoors.

I must say my nephew Michael ,15 years old,isn't into computers and video games,he's got a job working at school for the summer,and he's restoring a John Deere tractor,and just got a Jeep cj-5 he says he's going to restore too-a hard working little chap,very good!

yeah,I know lots of kids like that. Some of their parents tell them from the time they're born that they're better than everyone else,they're special,they're wonderful,they're God's gift to the world, and they don't have to do anything around the house ( like work,I mean)then they get into the real world and find out they're none of the above,they're just like everybody else-except they're usually a**holes! At the risk of sounding like an old fogey again-I was driving a Farmall super "C" in the hayfield before I even started school. All I had to do was steer between 2 rows of bales while my daddy and grandfather loaded the wagon,and when we got to the end of the field daddy would step on and turn us around to start up the next row. Nowadays if somebody passed by on the highway and saw something like that they'd make a call on their cell phone to the child protection services,and somebody would in trouble. When I was in high school we'd get home from school and many a time there'd be 2 wagon loads of corn at the barn-i'd unload one,and my older brother would unload the other. With a grain shovel. And we stayed outdoors in the woods and in the creek playing,mama had to practically run us inside,and I had to run my kids outdoors.

I must say my nephew Michael ,15 years old,isn't into computers and video games,he's got a job working at school for the summer,and he's restoring a John Deere tractor,and just got a Jeep cj-5 he says he's going to restore too-a hard working little chap,very good!

VERY TRUE BUD. BUT THER ARENT MANY PPL. GTROWN OR OTHER WISE OUT THER ANYMORE LIKE YOUE NEPHEW. LIL TAKE MY LIL BRO FOR EXAMPLE I LOVE HIM TO DEATH BUT HES GOT A "JOB" WORKIN LIKE 10 HRS A WEEK AND HES 17. BY THE TIME I WAS 17 I WAS WORKIN 2 PARTIME JOBES AT LEAST 30HRS AT EACH JOB A WEEK. AND SOMEHOW HE GOT A CAMARO???? I JUST WISH MORE PPL WOULD LEARN TO WORK OFR WHAT WE NEED AND REMEBR WHEN THINGS WERE SIMPLE

VERY TRUE BUD. BUT THER ARENT MANY PPL. GTROWN OR OTHER WISE OUT THER ANYMORE LIKE YOUE NEPHEW. LIL TAKE MY LIL BRO FOR EXAMPLE I LOVE HIM TO DEATH BUT HES GOT A "JOB" WORKIN LIKE 10 HRS A WEEK AND HES 17. BY THE TIME I WAS 17 I WAS WORKIN 2 PARTIME JOBES AT LEAST 30HRS AT EACH JOB A WEEK. AND SOMEHOW HE GOT A CAMARO???? I JUST WISH MORE PPL WOULD LEARN TO WORK OFR WHAT WE NEED AND REMEBR WHEN THINGS WERE SIMPLE

very true too Kelly-I've known of several instances around here where parents have given their kid a car,for graduation or birthday,or just because they could afford to I guess,and they'll just tear the car all to pieces,dog it to death because they had no appreciation for it in the first place because they never had to work for it or pay for anything.