Worried about my dog

Eastcoastdiesel

So I took him to the vet today, which said he had an upset stomach. He's was running a 106.0 fever then, now with an antibiotic shot and something else he is laying here on the cold cement with a 106.4 fever via the digital thermometer I have. I know that above 106 is a damaging temp.

Anyone have any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard of people cooling them down in a bath tub,with some ice around them to get the fever down. Just don't know the particulars. Would hate to steer you wrong, ECD.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Keep him hydrated. My dog had a problem like this. Moped around for a week with stomach problems. It was something gastrointestinal, which from what the vet said, wasn't too serious. The vet gave us some kind of medicine and she was fine in a few days. Hopefully it'll be the same for you. Good luck

Being in the process of getting your CDL's is like sitting on death row...

Stool sample would help to identify anything out of the ordinary. Could have found something in the woods? Checked him for lime? When one of my Bernerds got severly over heated my vet told us use cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol on his pads to lower his temp. Dogs temp should be around 101 so he is fighting something off. good luck ECD.

Sorry to hear your dog is not well. 105.4 is till a dangerously high temperature. Please get him to a veterinarian ASAP. If your vet cannot see him soon please take him to an emergency vet. They will want to put him on intravenous fluids to help decrease the temperature and do some blood work to try to figure out the cause if that has not already been done. In my area we would also check for Lyme disease, but I do not know how common that is down your way. I hope things go well. Mike

• Like 1

Got him to the vet told me I was doing everything I could. Gave diesel a anti nauseous and fever shot.

I have him a cold bath before and the fever broke to 102.4 and now after a car ride and a vet visit it's down to 102.2. He still isn't feeling good, I'm gonna pray though and stay by his side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear he is feeling a little better. Sometimes they get better with simple things and sometimes they don't. If the fever or vomiting returns I recommend you get him to a specialty hospital for some more aggressive care. Hopefully you have a specialty hospital near by. Even though I am a veterinarian it is hard to help over the computer. Good luck. Mike

That really sucks! It's tough when you have to put down a pet. They are family to us especially if you've had them for a long time. But on the other hand if there's nothing they can do for them at the vet it's not good to see an animal suffer either and sometimes putting them down is the best thing for them. Sorry to hear about your dogs sudden illness, hopefully you don't have to put it down, it's tough and hopefully you get through it ok.

don't give up to soon, dogs can often be tougher than we think they are. Had a boarder collie blue heeler X that lived to be 16 lost a leg at 6 mos. got ran over at least 4 more times during his life was knocked out several times (cows) would never quit working cows as long as there was work to be done. Thought I might have to get him fitted for dentures lol.