Old Mack still making a dollar

I guess im a rare diver, being young, but taking my lunch breaks to paint my rims , spend my own money on new things like mud flaps , and I buy nice work pants and tuck in my shirt...and drive a truck I don't own.

I hope a driver like the one in the picture can see me some day and give me a thumbs up or a little wave as we pass.

I would hire you with that resume^^^^^^ but your commute is a little far :lol:

• Like 1

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

I guess im a rare diver, being young, but taking my lunch breaks to paint my rims , spend my own money on new things like mud flaps , and I buy nice work pants and tuck in my shirt...and drive a truck I don't own.

I hope a driver like the one in the picture can see me some day and give me a thumbs up or a little wave as we pass.

I'm the same. It's not "mine", but I spend most of my day in it. It reflects on me. Quick sandwich for lunch, the wipe down the dash or something. Trash trucks never gonna be perfect, but I can try......

• Like 2

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Yup, remember the write up in WOT about Betsy. The fellows name is on the tip of my tongue.

My first driving job here where I work 27 yrs ago, it was a brand new red 1985 F350 stake truck. I would stop and wash it at the spray wash every chance I got(on my own dime). SInce then, every driver we've had can't seem to remember to take their lunch trash out of it. Pisses me off to NO END when I get in any of the shop trucks and look around. Food, trash, candy wrappers, coins, grease on EVERYTHING. F'n slobs! Our 95 F350 pickup is pretty wore out, we bought it used with 250K miles on it. I still will stop at the spray wash and clean it up before I go to a customer. "Used" does not mean it has to look like shit.

One employee lives just down the street from work(and walks). Sometimes I'll run him home if we leave at the same time. He got in my '89 F150 for the first time and said "wow, this is nice". I told him "Yup, no one from work has ever driven it!"

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I remember the article. Good stuff!

One of the upgrades was to put Ford gas motor in the Autocar. I don't remember now how many motors were used during the trucks work life.

If there is the will, there is a way.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I couldn't remember what motor was added,but do remember a Bostrom air-ride seat being installed!..................................Mark

I can believe it! Makes life better when you are sitting on top of the front axle.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Does anyone remember reading about "Old Betsy"? was a 1924? Autocar that the same man drove well into the early eighties,only truck he ever owned and operated I believe? was quite a story! Both he and truck passed CALIFORNIA D.OT. inspections well into their 70's....................................Mark

dont remember it,,,but im still a waver,,,and sweep out tractor every morning,,,and wipedown dash and windows as needed.lol.bob

• Like 2