I have quite a few of the L cab B's and hope to do one someday. Keeping my open for a right priced CL with a V8 that is salvageable with the thought of making a runner out of one. The wrecker and green logger are B755's and the Blue is or was a B753. Note the late model windshields on two of them. All rubber.

post-198-0-78893000-1394508521_thumb.jpg

post-198-0-54249800-1394508524_thumb.jpg

post-198-0-90724400-1394508526_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This one was for sale a couple years back. Looked pretty decent to me.And one that graced the pages of OVERDRIVE, in the mid-'70's.The black one belonged to the late Bobby Sanderson...

post-510-0-69294700-1394546163_thumb.jpg

post-510-0-98033900-1394546291_thumb.jpg

post-510-0-61230200-1394546406_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Man, you guys have some memory. I can't remember what I had for supper last night and you can remember truck pictures from 38 years ago.

Pics found on the internet.

post-13134-0-78006500-1394589435_thumb.j

post-13134-0-78983000-1394589475_thumb.j

• Like 2

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Yup,truck-o-haulics we are! I myself have enrolled in a two-stick recovery program!!!! I had the picture of that black B-Model on my bedroom wall when I was young! I can remember fact and figures on truck from 40 years ago,but not what I did yesterday!...........Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 3 weeks later...

I hear ya, Mark. Guess they just are a good (if it can be said) "fit" ! Even though not original, it was sure nice seeing that truck out on the road, earning a living! Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Joe D.,I couldn't quite remember the whole name but thought it had something to do with "Hula" anyway! Knew the one you were talkin' about,as it was a favorite of mine also. You couldn't miss that color combination, for sure! Yeah, I wonder where it is now,myself? Thanks,Chuck for comin' up with the page. Al

I have a "Hula popper" fishing lure...never caught anything on it though.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Tom I had a "Hula Popper" and "Jitterbug" when i was younger. I never caught many fish or game when hunting either. I know the service manager at the Mack Dealer in Scranton,Pa. pretty good. It was Simpson Motors at that time I stopped there last week to talk to him about the truck but he was not there. He retired from service manager and now sells Macks for the new owners which is Triple Cities Mack (Cook Bros). Joe D.

• Like 1

O.D., I have a Hula-Popper in my tackle box also. Works really well at dusk for largemouth along a shoreline......wait a minute,is this the Fishing Channel or what? LOL!!

I was at an antique car flea market today near Kennett Square, PA (SE corner of PA) and saw a L cab B-75 sitting behind a shop. The owner is an older gentleman that has several older Macks. This truck had the hood bent from snow sliding off of the roof this past winter. He said it hadn't been started for over a year. Also the engine and trans had been swapped and a 673 with a duplex was in it. Was a pretty nice truck other than the hood damage. He wasn't interested in selling it. Of course I did not have a camera. I think he said he bought it some years ago neat Lititz after the engine & trans swap.