I may be wrong.  But, it LOOKS like the one I saw in Knoxville a few years back.  He had widened the front fender fillers to make the B-model fenders cover the wider Pete front axle.

If this is it, it is one seriously nice job.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

On 3/6/2014 at 7:39 PM, doubleclutchinweasel said:

And, if it's the PeterMack I think it is, the front fenders have been expertly widened to cover the tires on the wider front axle...

I know this thread is ancient, but since it popped up again I went back through it. I've never seen the black B-75 in person, but I've saved some pics of it for my reference on my build. If it does sit on a Peterbilt frame, I think the way it was widened was to extend the headlight panels, cat walks and rear fender extensions. The reason I say this is there's a lot more space between the headlight and the fender joint than other B-73/75's. It would also be a lot easier to rework those panels than to stretch the compound curves of the fenders, as they appear to be stock. Whatever is the case, it sure is a beautiful truck and is still my favorite model(s), too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mattb73lt said:

I know this thread is ancient, but since it popped up again I went back through it. I've never seen the black B-75 in person, but I've saved some pics of it for my reference on my build. If it does sit on a Peterbilt frame, I think the way it was widened was to extend the headlight panels, cat walks and rear fender extensions. The reason I say this is there's a lot more space between the headlight and the fender joint than other B-73/75's. It would also be a lot easier to rework those panels than to stretch the compound curves of the fenders, as they appear to be stock. Whatever is the case, it sure is a beautiful truck and is still my favorite model(s), too.

Yes, that was what I recall from talking to the owner.  He widened the "easy" parts.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I talked with Randall Howell, from Ball Park GA, last Saturday at the WNC show in Cherokee NC.. The B-75 pictured above is his!!! Originally with a Mack 711 engine. It is sitting on a Pete chassis with a Cummins 400 shoehorned in, or I should say the cab brought up around it!!! Yes, he widened the headlight panels and engine access panels on top of the fenders 2 inches to bring them out to the Pete width.  He made a doghouse in the firewall rather than lengthening the hood to make it fit.. That is also a Superliner bunk he got from a friend in Greeley Colo. I Forgot to ask when he completed it but he said he had taken it to the ATHS national show in Spokane Wash which was in 2000(???), and a lot of other national shows since. He is 74 so God willing and his health remains good he will be at several more!! Probably not to the west coast again??

Edited by Brocky

Brocky

19 minutes ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

So, I guess that WAS the one I saw in Knoxville a few years back.

Was that the show they called SERTS, for South Eastern Regional Truck Show, in a city park on the east side of town, south of I-40?? They only had it one year, 2012, then went west to Harriman TN for 2013, then disappeared. If so here is a picture of it at that show.. He is usually parked with FM Satterfield's Emeryville as they are neighbors and run together.

Knoixville-2012-045.jpg

Edited by Brocky
  • Like 1

Brocky

5 hours ago, Brocky said:

I talked with Randall Howell, from Ball Park GA, last Saturday at the WNC show in Cherokee NC.. The B-75 pictured above is his!!! Originally with a Mack 711 engine. It is sitting on a Pete chassis with a Cummins 400 shoehorned in, or I should say the cab brought up around it!!! Yes, he widened the headlight panels and engine access panels on top of the fenders 2 inches to bring them out to the Pete width.  He made a doghouse in the firewall rather than lengthening the hood to make it fit.. That is also a Superliner bunk he got from a friend in Greeley Colo. I Forgot to ask when he completed it but he said he had taken it to the ATHS national show in Spokane Wash which was in 2000(???), and a lot of other national shows since. He is 74 so God willing and his health remains good he will be at several more!! Probably not to the west coast again??

God love him I work with a guy that’s 75 and still hooks and pulls triples 530 miles a day so let’s hope he goes for a long long time… bob

14 hours ago, Brocky said:

Was that the show they called SERTS, for South Eastern Regional Truck Show, in a city park on the east side of town, south of I-40?? They only had it one year, 2012, then went west to Harriman TN for 2013, then disappeared. If so here is a picture of it at that show.. He is usually parked with FM Satterfield's Emeryville as they are neighbors and run together.

Knoixville-2012-045.jpg

Yep.  That's it.  That's where it was sitting when I was drooling over it.

Really a beautiful job.  And, with that Mack sheet metal perched high atop that Pete frame, it was an impressive site.

You know you did great work when 90% of the folks that saw it had no idea what they were looking at.  Looked "factory", which is a huge accomplishment in my opinion.

• Like 2