There are several B models that have disapperared that I would like to know where they went. There was a bullhauler out of Edwardville ,IL that had a olive green B61 with a Mercury sleeper that was beautiful,Aluminum wheels,anything that would unbolt was chromed,dual stacks.Same guy had a Magnum MH. Then there was a black B61 from Toledo,IA that had a 8v92 Detroit stuffed in it,48 in Double Eagle sleeper. Another I remember seing a time or two was a B77,brown with stripes,big bunk with a Clariben hood.,pulled a flatbed with sidekit. These were all daily runners in the late '80's.Wish I had pics.

Mike there used to be a black B61 hauling a grain trailer I would meet it in Indiana and ill it had a sleeper on it I think it was a mercury bunk . it had lots of polished on it sharp looking ride but it was a twin stack with a big shack on the back .. I remember it had straight pipes and it barked when the jake was used to slow down

Al I think you are right. I wish someone had a picture of it.When it was Simpson Motors Mack dealer in Scranton,Penna. they had the picture from Overdrive under the counter plexi-glass in parts room.There were some heavy haulers back then.Old time family owned dealership picnic table and coffee pot next to parts counter.Go for parts at 8 AM and leave at 11:30 AM BS Session all morning. Joe D.

• Like 1

A simpler time Joe,for sure. I sure miss those kind of "family" run dealerships. Now the dealers are 1 of a dozen stores owned by an investment group :icon_bs::thumbsdown::(.................

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Anyone seen Floyd Keyes trucks at any shows, used to see him a Macungie. he had a couple nice trucks. the B model and I think an A model. the black B model is a Pete chassis with a Superliner sleeper, 400 Cummins. nice trucks for sure.

Joe D.,I couldn't quite remember the whole name but thought it had something to do with "Hula" anyway! Knew the one you were talkin' about,as it was a favorite of mine also. You couldn't miss that color combination, for sure! Yeah, I wonder where it is now,myself? Thanks,Chuck for comin' up with the page. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

To my eyes, the L-cab B-model Macks are the best looking trucks ever built. They look classy like a Duesenberg (but without the side-mount spare tires, of course).

Is it true that the C-model Mack was created by running an L-cab B-model directly into a thick brick wall?? ;)

• Like 1