Wicked Wednesday

rsb502

I just got my new straight pipe for the B-model. Some say it might be a bit much but I think it will help it breathe a little better:)

Will post pics when installed.

That should relieve any back pressure problems. Can't wait for the pictures.

• Like 1

Errol Flynn sells muffler too?

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Tyrone Malone.

Defiance-vi.jpg

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

WOW!!! Nothing i've ever seen before. I guess they are V8's?

mike

They don't have the look to be V8's. I believe they are early B models with 6 cylinders. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Mack 1 on the left was a B63SX tractor with two B.M. Clark trailers. 175 HP.

Mack 2 on the right was 1957 B63SX with a removable straight body pulling full trailers also at 175 HP. Both listed as using a TRQ-72 transmission.

Nice article in the WOTS Mar/Apr 1991 about the two trucks.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Mack 1 on the left was a B63SX tractor with two B.M. Clark trailers. 175 HP.

Mack 2 on the right was 1957 B63SX with a removable straight body pulling full trailers also at 175 HP. Both listed as using a TRQ-72 transmission.

Nice article in the WOTS Mar/Apr 1991 about the two trucks.

Now I have a gazillion back issues to peruse through. :) Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Are they packed up for the move yet?

Nothing better than relaxing with WOT, Double Clutch or Old Time Trucker.

Not yet. I have them all in easy reach.

P.T.CHESHIRE

are they fire wood loggers? why in the hell would you buck them into 4 ft. chunks, I don't understand!

It is pulp wood for the manufacture of paper. Northern Maine and New Hampshire had lots of paper mills years ago.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Pulp wood for rag paper from what info I got.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

All the pulpwood around here used to be 5 foot lengths, it could be a pain in the ass to haul and many a load was thrown off if the driver wasn't very careful with it. And many a load was reloaded onto trailers by the roadside by hand.

Good thing about it was that many people made a living cutting pulpwood then, all you needed was a good saw and a one ton truck and you were in bidness. Some folks just used a pickup truck to haul to the woodyards, then they'd load it on a trailer to take it to the mill.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Quite the load for 175 HP. No doubt the Quadbox and most likely 7.00 or lower gears got it moving no problem. Good thing it is fairly level terrain, it would be hard on a driver and truck in mountainous areas with that load. I live in Northeastern Pa. not much softwood here. We have a lot of oak,cherry,hickory and ash. Nice nostalgic pictures. Thanks Joe D.

• Like 1

I'm sure they have water cooled brakes also. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

EH Wrecker.

Mack_EH_wrecker_with_DT_zps51040e67.jpg

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

Wicked White 3000

whiteallison1_zpsa6a02503.jpg

whiteallison2_zps47b4d11a.jpg

P.T.CHESHIRE