Wicked Wednesday

rsb502

That White reminds me of one in the Hot Rod Magazine back in about 1965. It had a 12 cylinder engine and I recall the driver had to look out the front vent window.

mike

Could be, the White / Allison was originally owned by Jim Lytle who ran it in California in the 60's. Jim also raced a Quad Allison powered Fiat. Tex Collins owned Cal Automotive that made Fiberglass T bodies and other glass hot rod parts. Here is Jim Lytes / Tex Collins Fiat.

post-3242-0-87475800-1402505416_thumb.jp

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Could be, the White / Allison was originally owned by Jim Lytle who ran it in California in the 60's. Jim also raced a Quad Allison powered Fiat. Tex Collins owned Cal Automotive that made Fiberglass T bodies and other glass hot rod parts. Here is Jim Lytes / Tex Collins Fiat.

attachicon.gifQuadAlJPEG1_detail.jpg

I wonder where this thing is today! Fargin' awesome!

I wonder where this thing is today! Fargin' awesome!

The White / Allison is being restored and the Quad Al Fiat is in storage at the Peterson Museum in California. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

This picture came on an email I got that said this was from the Norway-Sweden border. I can't verify that's where this was taken,

but I thought it was a cool picture.

That's would be AWESOME.....

Years ago I stumbled on a trail that ran down the hydro corridor....similar, but not quite THAT long....maybe 1 or 2 km....arrow straight and dead flat.....fuel economy took a backseat for a few runs of full throttle 65+mph.....only time I wished that Polaris 550 was a little faster....lol

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

That's would be AWESOME.....

Years ago I stumbled on a trail that ran down the hydro corridor....similar, but not quite THAT long....maybe 1 or 2 km....arrow straight and dead flat.....fuel economy took a backseat for a few runs of full throttle 65+mph.....only time I wished that Polaris 550 was a little faster....lol

Haha sweet. I dont need my Skidoo 600 to go faster, i havent even had it top speed yet!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

• 2 months later...

Sometimes wicked lies under the skin.

This has gotta be a handful to drive, aluminum-head 427 hooked to a TH400. Local body shop near me built this up in a clean Chevette resto. Dummy pipe in the back..... real 3" exhaust tucked up real close underneath.

I got a shot of the engine over the weekend.

Car is currently on ebay. No connections to seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Other-BASIC-78-chevy-chevette-rare-big-block-427-custom-gasser-street-rod-original-hot-/331330068884?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4d24cfa194&item=331330068884&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

post-13134-0-58814000-1412042192_thumb.j

• Like 1

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)