1959 Mack yard spotter,, True or False?

Ok pull out your history books ,,,,,Could be the mid 1970's plastic Mack letters on the front that makes me think this is not really a Mack but had to ask.

post-133-0-52172800-1391348184_thumb.jpg

6 cylinder, 10 speed, 30,000 miles, Cemco lift hydraulic, runs like new.

http://www.lowerpriceequipment.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?sid=09922449X2K2K2014J6I13I19JAMQ7644R0&veh=3517829

• Like 1

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Could be a Mack, it has

Mack hubs. It would not have been built by Mack that way. It looks as if it may have started as an N-model. There was an N-model jockey at Gerhart's that was custom built. It looked similar, I don't think it is there anymore.I'll have to see off I took a photo of it.

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Wow...after looking at their website listings I would not buy anything from them

What is a K-700?

Cab-over R? Actually looks like the K-700.

600cc and 673cc engines?

If they can't list it correctly, not worth the time to look. IMO.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

That truck was on an auction,earlier this year I'm certain. I know there was a link in here to it and the truck was discussed very briefly. There was also a restored B model and a few others on the sale. I would also say it is a N model chassis at least with a homemade or aftermarket spotter truck cab. It definitely has N model battery boxes.

• Like 1

Seems like i remember talking to another ATHS member at a show years ago about the early yard spotter trucks being built from single axle cab over chassis from a couple different manufacturers, i think it was a kit available from one of the early spotter truck makers so companies could use their old trucks once they took them off the highway. im trying to find info on it but im coming up with nothin so far.

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

1959 says the add, looks like an air start tank in the left side. A company now called RampStar made CBE MACK conversions ( K.W., GMC, Dodge and Diamond T also) for Military aircraft refuelers and aircraft cargo conveyor trucks. There is a fuzz picture in Bart Vanderveen's book on A Record of Military MACKS in the Services and Beyond. Ottawa also made similar styled rail yard goats.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Guys,,,,,For the history info

This winter has been more busy then normal...Been hard to find time to get on here to thank ya

I forgot that this is what old school trucking was like,,,,,, Over the road trucks became regional trucks and then became ,,yard spotters or become glider material..

This is why the other truck makers make gliders today,,But not Mack what are they trying to tell us

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM