1947 Brown

maint1

no you are right they made trailers too, AT bought the trucking company which built them and continued it, and used the trucks. they are similar to a Corbitt. Aluminum cab.When I saw them I said RUFF.{ I mean rough.} I have trouble typing without all the right equipment. They are worth saving

post-16952-0-28726700-1390606248_thumb.j

Less than 1000 made. Here's an article. Paul

http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2011/06/01/hmn_feature17.html

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

ATHS Wheels of Time did a nice article on the Brown/Associated Transport connection a few years back,rare truck for sure! where did that turn up? only one I've ever seen in person is this one........................................Mark

post-5836-0-90544200-1390610846_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Here you go Mike. Here is one of the IH. Check out the Blade on the rear they used as a chock block for winching. I'll bet the old girl did some work in her day. I started out in 68 in a truck wrecker and still love them. Still do some towing with a fifth wheel unit.

post-16952-0-76331600-1390671352_thumb.j