Maybe it was a large northern sedan,slightly rusted and wore out.

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Drove a few "B-85Fs" and "B-95Fs" with those small mirrors. I learned a lot about backing a "B" model into a fire station with those small mirrors vibrating all over the place.

Those were nice trucks, but in looking back, those coupe cab fire trucks were really cramped; the "L-85s" and "L-95s" were roomier. Of course, the fact that they were semi-cabs

probably made them seem bigger. Ah, the "good old days".

bulldogboy

:SMOKIE-RT:

Actually,I read it to mean the Mack is no harder to handle than a sedan,ie. steers easy,brakes well,etc. I agree though,they probably over-state that by a pretty large margin. The test would be to parallel park one on a hill after a 300 mile drive finishing with an hour of big-city traffic.LOL

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

I would agree with the article "easy as a sedan". I rebuilt a 1950 Packard engine and spruced up the engine bay in a Sedan about a year ago, and let me tell you it is definitely different than any sedans of the modern era. That thing was a land yacht. It probably had as much if not more sheet metal than a B model. No power steering and no power brakes. The engine weighed a cool and dry 966 lbs from oil pan to air cleaner according to my manuals haha. So slightly different than driving a B model but kinda comparable to it in their heydays!