Barn "wallpaper"

Matt-And I thought you were going to flip out over the DM in the West Haven Calendar- I bet that was a Genovese truck.

hmmm, i didnt even notice it was Connecticut. guess im losing it..lol. they just tore down west haven mack last year after it collapsed, they saved the front of the building since it said mack and had the old logo in it and yeah looks like a Genovese truck with that paint scheme

• Like 1

Matt

There are a lot of those double wing plows working in the Tug Hill Plateau area of NYS between Syracuse and Watertown.

Week be fore last they got 6 foot of snow in about 3 days, Plus some wind to keep it fluffed up!! They need that big equipment to open the back roads.

Vinny probably has them coming right by his front door. Maybe he can get us some pictures??

Brocky

thanks for the info. would love to see video of that monster in action. 2stacksuperdog a plow trailer? so they plow 4 lanes at once? how much crap do they wreck each year? the cab of that truck must look like a airplane cockpit!

They run them in Missouri Also. Seen them a few years back. They can do 3 or 4 lanes with them. But they need alot of support trucks. Mainly to slow traffic down and keep lanes clear and then salt right behind them. Verdict is still out on them

still cant get my head wrapped around the front wing idea, mid mount side wings I get but fronts have got to suck if your the driver. 3 lanes of loose snow plus falling snow! those drivers must have eye stress from hell! guess I wont bitch about plowing with a grader, or dozer then

that orange RD is/was a pretty common sight around upstate Ny in the 70's and 80's. we even had a bunch of Rm's with dual wings like that, mostly Frink equipt. NYS Dot ran mostly IH's up til the last few years and now have Granites but they are mostly straight tandems. most every Township around back then had RD's and RM's and most had V plows.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Garlits was trying all sorts of aero stuff with that car. It had the Lexan canopy, the nose cover over the front wheels and the little front tires.

My memory says the Top Fuel class was "stuck" in the 250-260 mph range and with some of the aero changes, Garlits punched through the air to 272 mph. That was few days ago and now T/F is 300+.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Swamp rat 30 was indeed one of the first aerodynamic top fuel rails,it was/is in the Smithsonian Institute last I knew,might be in the museum in Ocala now,been a while since I have been there....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.