The Introduction of the MH-Ultra-Liner

Thanks for posting the Ultra-Liner article. :twothumbsup::notworthy::banana: I am too old to wet my pants (well you know). :whistling:

What happened to the "sales aids"?

I too am looking for the part number for the reading/map lamp mounted in the headliner (or a VERY NICE one). I want to upgrade my interior to the one shown on page 20.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Thank you very much for posting that. If anyone has one with the map or reading light like the one shown in the bottom left picture, please post your VIN so I can try to get that light. Here are the production numbers for the MH that the Museum provided.

MHFred... Farmer 52

is this the reading lamp you need???

if so, use my vin that you have in your registry

BC Mack

post-10384-0-67651700-1387157698_thumb.j

YES!

Does it just attach to the headliner or is there a "back support/reinforcement"?

pretty sure there is something behind it as it has mounting screws showing, but I have not probed behind the headliner...

do I now have a "mission impossible" to go probe..!!! truck is not at home, so next week maybe if the weather is ok..

or can you figure it out from parts books...?

BC Mack

YES!

Does it just attach to the headliner or is there a "back support/reinforcement"?

Ken,

I upgraded our last two "MH"'s with these map lights, they were '93's.

There is a bracket already mounted to the roof skin for this lamp, all you need is four"J" nut speed clips for the screws to thread into.

The wires are, to the best of my memory, also already there.

The only trick is figuring where exactly to put the holes in the headliner.

If you start with a fairly big hole right in the middle for the wires, that the light will cover up, then you can figure out from there where to put the smaller holes for the screws.

I'm pretty sure this light was made by Grote so if you don't have any luck getting it from the Mack Co. maybe you could try a Grote distributor.

Ron

• Like 1

pretty sure there is something behind it as it has mounting screws showing, but I have not probed behind the headliner...

do I now have a "mission impossible" to go probe..!!! truck is not at home, so next week maybe if the weather is ok..

or can you figure it out from parts books...?

BC Mack

I am going to remove my headliner so you don't need to go exploring for me. I will post here what I find. Thanks for the help on your VIN.

I pulled down my headliner enough to get a peek and a picture of the lamp mount that is not focused very well. The round hole in the center is the AM/FM radio antenna. The holes for the lamp are 7 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches and as you can see the wire is hanging there. I called my Mack dealer and the part number is 22MO4234M2 but is NLA. He says it was not a Grote part but he could not remember who the vendor was.

post-9041-0-86091900-1387219423_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I pulled down my headliner enough to get a peek and a picture of the lamp mount that is not focused very well. The round hole in the center is the AM/FM radio antenna. The holes for the lamp are 7 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches and as you can see the wire is hanging there. I called my Mack dealer and the part number is 22MO4234M2 but is NLA. He says it was not a Grote part but he could not remember who the vendor was.

I will drop my lamp assembly down and see if there is a manufacturers name somewhere inside it....

did you notice that the lamp in the article is a little different to mine.... 83 vs. 93 I imagine.

BC Mack