I hit a deer, what now?

Damn...I've hit 3 of the little f---ers and all they've ever done is bust them $8 plastic clips/adjusters for the headlights. Metal bumpers can be straightened...fiberglass repaired...headlights replaced...and steps reattached. The headlight might set you back $100 or so (might find a take-off from a wrecked truck for less) and a fiberglass repair kit is less than $20 @ your local Wally-World (or anywhere that carries any automotive-oriented products) and you're back on the road. Hell, steal a step mount (or even the whole step if you need to) from the passenger side since you really don't NEED steps on that side anyway (unless of course the wife rides with you...then you'd be better off minus the step on the drivers side just so you don't have to listen to her bitch about not having a step...). As long as the tank ain't leaking, it ain't gonna hurt you to leave it as it is.

There ya go. Including the 12-pack you'll drink while you work on it, the truck will be fixed for $150-$200 and an afternoon. No sense turning that into your insurance...won't even cover the deductible.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Make Bambie Burgers of course! Sucks to screw up the truck like that but shit happens. I think the dear population is going to get more and more out of control with time. Less guys hunt these days around here. I guess it will give the bear and coyote something to chew on...

Hmm, well I would get with JP CHrome or another chrome shop and get a new bumper about 2" longer than that one, then deal with the rest from Watts Mack and yeah I probably wouldn't run it thru ins either.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Screw the aluminum crap. Stainless steel, baby! With a little thickness to it, them deer will just bounce off it without tearing it up...and if it DOES get bent, it can be straightened out, welded up, or whatever else you need to do to it to get it looking "pretty" again without digging into your pocket again.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I don't blame you on the insurance, it is not an at fault incident I doubt it will drive up the premium if there has not been a claim or its been a while. We got hit back to back in 2007 with hail and never did a thing to the insurance.

Besides the only reason for comprehensive is for stuff like this anyway.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I've hit so many friggin' deer since I moved to PA 21 years ago that I'm starting to enjoy it. Lucky for me, most have been in a company truck but with the few I've nailed with personal vehicles I've always turned it in to State Farm and it's always been covered by comprehensive with a lower deductible than collision and never an increase. Hopefully you can do the same since, as mentioned above, it was not an at fault accident. At least you kept it on the road and upright.

Jim