RS700L with extra long hood

I came across this on the internet. Does anyone know about this one? It looks like it has a few extra inches in the hood when compared with a standard 700 model. I know that the Detroit Dozen 771 models had to be stretched a bit to get the motor to fit but I thought they used the standard hood with the slack taken up by an extension to the cowl. Is this a factory hood or has someone else made this hood?

post-10557-0-88132800-1384433963_thumb.j

• Like 1

Maybe it's an illusion but that does look long to me.

Could be combination of the short-fender with battery box as opposed to the Western "step" makes it look longer.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

There are three Rubber Ducks trucks?

Dan Bruno in MO, one in Fla, and one in PA.

There's also replica in Australia with dual outside intakes.

The guy posted it on here some time ago.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Maybe it's an illusion but that does look long to me.

Could be combination of the short-fender with battery box as opposed to the Western "step" makes it look longer.

A side on shot would help but look at the infill panel behind the fender. This looks much longer than on the standard RS700 hood.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
6 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

It is a Mack Superliner with a Western Star sleeper. It has a RS700L hood. It is modeled after the truck from Convoy. It is owned by Dempsey Uniform and Linen Supply in Jessup, Pennsylvania. It is commonly used in the Scranton St. Patrick's Day Parade.

On 11/16/2013 at 9:59 AM, Maddog13407 said:

yea someone knew what they were up to painting that one black with the cow catcher on the front... kinda odd to have such a specific truck at an Industrial Laundry facility. and I thought Dan Bruno sold off one of his and it went to Canada??

Hey !!!!! we take our laundry pretty serious around here 

• Haha 1