Where can I buy these?

Right on! I found them on eBay, but you had to buy them in 5 packs, but I only need two short and two long. This should do!

Iowa 80 only has the chrome ones, and honestly I find them gaudy.

• Like 1

Up well into the 80's just about every truckstop you went in had an aisle with every kind of shift knob, adapters, extensions, and switch covers you could imagine. If I only knew- I would have bought a pickup load of them and put them in the deep freeze.

I found this shift knob, will it work on the on a 2 stick R without any modifications? It's a company truck and I don't want to be messing around with it too much.

Lemme know how you mount them! The actual toggle swith is bigger 'round on the end...was gonna find some kind of epoxy to keep them in place, tried to use a small pc of shrink wrap to make the smaller dia the same size as the end...didnt work to well!

I have two that I found in the truck when I started driving it. One is a short red one and it fits the short engine brake switch so tightly that it pops when you pull it off. The other is a long blue one that I put on the long lift axle switch, but it's broken on the end so it's fairly loose.

Maybe you could wrap a bit of scotch tape around the toggle switch before you put the extensions on?

Up well into the 80's just about every truckstop you went in had an aisle with every kind of shift knob, adapters, extensions, and switch covers you could imagine. If I only knew- I would have bought a pickup load of them and put them in the deep freeze.

Yup Tom It wasn't all that long ago you could find them in the truck stops .

When We bought the Red Sleigh (87 R Dump ) back in the mid 90's I remember I went to W. Memphis to buy a radio for the truck & I always deal w/ the cb shop behind the Petro . after leaving cb shop I went to the petro & bought the switch extensions there along w/ a couple of Red Glitter Shift knobs for the 2 stick 6 spd .

I also used to find them @ Long town truck stop @ Exit 35 on I-40 & the Pilot @ exit 42 on I-40 But they are even hard to find there anymore @ either truck stop .

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude: