Ultraliner/MH6XX

If its a V8 that's the thump, those big pistons moving around make some racket.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

bbigrig, what is the thumping noise you say you miss on that MH picture in your galley?

The drivers that had never driven the MH with the E9500 and were slipped into it for a few runs would always say "when she pulls hard on the hills it sounds like the engine thumps" Most drivers at that time with us had never driven an E9. They had no idea The Whispering Giant had a different sound to it. The ironic part is that the MH with the E9 was far quieter inside then the MH with the E6 we had.

We had a very mild muffler on that truck to get the natural sound out of her with those tall exhaust pipes. Some call it a "warble", some call it a "thump", I call it the best damn engine sound I've ever heard......Still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I'm waiting patiently for a gentleman who has 2 MH's with E9's to sell them to me. He tells me when he is ready I get first dibbs!!! Until then, I miss that "Thumping" noise.

• Like 2

Hi bbigrig

"I'm waiting patiently for a gentleman who has 2 MH's with E9's to sell them to me. He tells me when he is ready I get first dibbs!!! Until then, I miss that "Thumping" noise."

there are two E9 Ultraliners coming up for sale here in SW BC.... too far for you?

have not seen them myself yet, second hand info, year and condition unknown, but they are from the same company.

if interested, pm me and I can do some digging..

BC Mack

Back in '91/'92 when I was running across I-80 in PA on a regular basis there were two Magnum's, one MH and one Superliner pulling dump buckets. I always heard them before they got next to my trailer and felt them after they were next to my trailer. Didn't matter if we were headed up hill, down hill or across one of the short flat spots they would walk the dog right on by me.

• Like 1

Hi bbigrig

"I'm waiting patiently for a gentleman who has 2 MH's with E9's to sell them to me. He tells me when he is ready I get first dibbs!!! Until then, I miss that "Thumping" noise."

there are two E9 Ultraliners coming up for sale here in SW BC.... too far for you?

have not seen them myself yet, second hand info, year and condition unknown, but they are from the same company.

if interested, pm me and I can do some digging..

BC Mack

Thanks for the offer BC Mack.

The 2 trucks I am waiting for are in amazing condition and are driven very little. The company that owns them is waiting to shed them from the fleet and have equipment that willl need to be swaped from the 2 trucks to newer units. I have bought from this gentleman before. Its only a matter of time and for their condition and the way the keep them up, it will be worth the wait.

Thanks again though.

Hopefully this will be home next week.

Wasnt this truck in an MH brochure but it had a set of cab fairings on it? Maybe its just the stripes but the truck looks really familiar.

alander MH 1989 001

Yep! Found it I think......1989 Mack calander.
Same truck????

I see you got you pup trailer home. I bet it rides a lot better now. Looks good!

Yep, made it home without any issues, well maybe one....there is one hell heck of a bump around Kutztown, PA on I-78. Going down hill, hit the bump, and jumped out of gear. Why is 78 so dang bad?

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

• 2 months later...

This one was for sale overhere about a year ago.

The price was too far from to be nice and you can note the scale of disaster on it.

I have seen the same truck for sale locally about 14 years ago. It was solid with a damaged engine although for reasonable money.

Although it was too out of my pocket and needs those days.

Probably had E6-350 under the hood cab.

post-3971-0-47433300-1377529097_thumb.jp

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012