One for the Detroit Diesel Crowd

41chevy

To stay with the DD topic.

My son is working on a boat/ship with TWO V-16 MTU

Will see about a pic....three turbos on each

Definatly need a photo. Saw a KW100 a few years back at a truck show in Erie Pa, V 16 DD 2 blowers and 4 turbos buttoned up to a Allison.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Twin stick, Detroit 6V and 4:33 gears in 2250 pounds! Probably all the weight is in the power pack. Paul

DSCN2141_zpsb094d997.jpg

DSCN2142_zps7b1a1c7c.jpg

DSCN2144_zpsdd9660c5.jpg

DSCN2145_zpseb6344d7.jpg

He needed to put extremely bigger fuel tank as a contra weight.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I have been looking for a cheap running 6V53 for a pickup truck motor swap for a while but every time I find one its trashed.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I'd love to see a video of that thing running and driving!

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Alright, that's just bad ass. What transmission does it have?

Cast iron Vette 4 speed and a Hone manual over drive

P.T.CHESHIRE