that's why I asked,I didn't think they ever made the 5 holes in 24.5 but those sure look it,don't they?Those are worth a little bit themselves if they aren't blistered inside.

Thats what i was thinking too,those 5 hole wheels are getting real hard to come by!....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Nice survivor! Man that truck is straight! Just look at that bumper!!! If momma don't want the truck around, it can stay in Northern Illinois for awhile!!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Nice survivor! Man that truck is straight! Just look at that bumper!!! If momma don't want the truck around, it can stay in Northern Illinois for awhile!!

Shame its a daycab Al,or we could head out and team it back east! LOL!.....................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Shame its a daycab Al,or we could head out and team it back east! LOL!.....................................Mark

I'm thinkin' we could pick up that pup for Ken in Az. with it too,Mark!!!
  • Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I'm thinkin' we could pick up that pup for Ken in Az. with it too,Mark!!!

About ready to pull the trigger. Have a freight company that will transport it back to Altoona for a "reasonable" cost. But I am all ears and open to offers!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I'm supposed to meet with the owner the end of the week to talk it over. The old timer was quite the junk collector. Glad I happened to stop by and check up on him. He recently had a leg amputated due to diabetes and his grandson had already cleaned out some tractors for scrap. His grandson was bout ready to scrap this old girl. If I don't end up with it I'll definitely pass the info along because all this thing needs is to be hosed off, get her running and enjoy. There's no damage or dings anywhere that I could find on it. It's definitely a gem. Mama said "you already have 2 in the rv parking, guess another won't make too much a difference". Good thing is all 3 will fit just fine with several feet to spare. Got the H61 back on the road, would be nice to get this G up and running then get back to the H63 restoration. Getting sidetracked with other trucks is dragging out the process but the challenge of finding trucks and getting them running again is the best part for me. I'll keep everybody posted on what happens.

I'm supposed to meet with the owner the end of the week to talk it over. The old timer was quite the junk collector. Glad I happened to stop by and check up on him. He recently had a leg amputated due to diabetes and his grandson had already cleaned out some tractors for scrap. His grandson was bout ready to scrap this old girl. If I don't end up with it I'll definitely pass the info along because all this thing needs is to be hosed off, get her running and enjoy. There's no damage or dings anywhere that I could find on it. It's definitely a gem. Mama said "you already have 2 in the rv parking, guess another won't make too much a difference". Good thing is all 3 will fit just fine with several feet to spare. Got the H61 back on the road, would be nice to get this G up and running then get back to the H63 restoration. Getting sidetracked with other trucks is dragging out the process but the challenge of finding trucks and getting them running again is the best part for me. I'll keep everybody posted on what happens.

Hope he doesn't scrap it before you can talk it over! Good luck.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

How did your H-63 turn out? I havent seen pictures oof the finished product?

It's far from finished. Got sidetracked with an H61 I'd bought to get it up and running. Changed my mind on a couple of engines but have finally chosen the one I'm gonna stick with. Gotta fab up new brackets for that. Not a ton of work left on the chassis but the cab needs to get the sheet metal finished.

Made a deal on the G model today. Gotta great deal I think for $1,800. Pick it up on Friday. I'll post a lot more pics once I get it home and cleaned up a bit. Has been sitting for a long time and the windows have been down so it's awful dusty and dirty but gave it a good look over today and from what I can tell it pretty much looks like it rolled off the assembly line. Has a 250 turbo cummins with a triplex. Said he parked it in 84' cause he had a fuel problem. Thought it was a leaky tank but the tanks are original Mack tanks with factory tags still on them and they looked pretty good. Couldn't jack the cab up, prob. needs some oil in it but it still has the original handle for the jack. Looked to me from what I could see the fuel filter was cracked on top and that may have been his problem. I plan on getting it home, cleaning it up and will probably have to wait until after summer vacation to really get to tinkering on it but like I said I'll keep everybody posted. Mama said this is definitely the last one I can drag home. He had a clean REO out on his place that's obviosly been there for years. Has a crane on the back and said the truck still ran good but he parked it because the crane got weak. Pics are posted below..

post-2896-0-01737600-1365998939_thumb.jp

post-2896-0-67502600-1365998983_thumb.jp

post-2896-0-20264600-1365999015_thumb.jp

post-2896-0-60389200-1365999077_thumb.jp

• Like 2