Trucks Being Stolen In NY

There is a ring or something working in the Binghamton area that is targeting Mack trucks for theft and shipment over seas.

Last month my dump truck was stolen, along with about 10 others, last week alone 7 more were taken from the Bainbridge area, about 30 miles north east of Binghamton.

Just letting folks in NY know, disable your trucks or yours may be next.

There is a ring or something working in the Binghamton area that is targeting Mack trucks for theft and shipment over seas.

Last month my dump truck was stolen, along with about 10 others, last week alone 7 more were taken from the Bainbridge area, about 30 miles north east of Binghamton.

Just letting folks in NY know, disable your trucks or yours may be next.

Sorry to hear that. I've been robbed twice of equipment and now make it more difficult for the dead beats. Back in the mid 1980's in the Hartford Ct. area my company lost two brand new R models right off the job site.

One had less than 3000 miles on it. Everyone watch out for each other!

The worst part is that the NY State Troopers know where they're going, where there leaving from and what countries they're going to, but can't find them..... WTF!

They won't come out and call it a ring, but with so many trucks, of a certain manufacturer being stolen, what the hell else would it be called?

Sad to know, it's time to think about installation of some protection equipement.

As about here the most soling vehicle is KamAZ concrete mixer, not Bentley or Ferrari.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

By GPS and surveillance do you mean a .308 with a Leupold MK 4 scope bout 300yds out and someone that knows how to use it? I know a guy!......got my range cards laminated in case its raining too.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I rent out my yard to a bunch of truckers down here in PHilly.One of the truckers that hauls containers to the port of NJ said that they only check only a few of the containers going out of the US.I know here in PHilly there is a bunch that is going after the higher end cars to be shipped over seas.I went into one of the shops to talk to a fellow that wanted to rent out our whole yard,and there were two guys grinding the #'s off a BMW to load it into a container that had another BMW already in it.I told a friend of mine that is with the fbi and they raided that place the week before he said.Found no cars,but there were alot of grinding wheels.He was saying they no sooner get the cars in and they remove the #'s and ship it right out.

I rent out my yard to a bunch of truckers down here in PHilly.One of the truckers that hauls containers to the port of NJ said that they only check only a few of the containers going out of the US.I know here in PHilly there is a bunch that is going after the higher end cars to be shipped over seas.I went into one of the shops to talk to a fellow that wanted to rent out our whole yard,and there were two guys grinding the #'s off a BMW to load it into a container that had another BMW already in it.I told a friend of mine that is with the fbi and they raided that place the week before he said.Found no cars,but there were alot of grinding wheels.He was saying they no sooner get the cars in and they remove the #'s and ship it right out.

Like I said before.It used to be if you could get it to Port Newark there was $10,000.00 waiting for you. Went right into a container.

Cheers, Rob

• 1 month later...

I am from Binghamton area and did not hear nothing about stolen Macks but here in the area there is alot of older macks still in operation by local construction companys I wounder if they know about this ?

Lancaster lost a couple, plus a loader. Tommy Ilsley lost one. yea, they're figuring it out, but it would be nice if the NYSP would have put out some bulletins or something.

Just a little something that works for me, Have your driver leave his company cell phone in an area that you have hidden in your truck every night when he parks it.. Now if your lucky and no one finds the phone you can ping it and find your truck

BULLHUSK

PS also have your charger plug hard wired into the pocket your phone will be in as to charge it at night

The same thing is going on in southwest Ohio. They steal backhoes,farm tractors,small excavactors,and skidloaders. They tryed to get my backhoe but the battery was dead would not start. Tore the dash out tring to hot wire it.

Wow! I am glad that Lancasters Titan has a GPS. I see that almost every week and they just got that about 1 year ago. Is that a lease Unit? I see were lancaster traded there CHN600's in at Albany Mack and I wounder if they were lease units also. Then Albany Mack wholesaled out to a dealer in Ohio.