It's sadly official:(

My boss went to McDivitt Mack today to get some parts for our R and saw a handfull of Nashua Motor Express R's there for sale. After 95 years in buisness thay have closed due to rising regulations and fuel prices and the competition. He looked at one and said they are in great shape but are basic. No A/C 5 spds and basic interiors. They are wanting $9800 ea. Not worth it for us! So now we bid farewell to a trucking legacy in NH!

Can you post a picture of one. I've been around here a long time and I can't picture them in my feable brain. It's a shame.

I will try to see if I can find one. They where red R single axles with air foils with just a white stripe diagnal on the door and foils that said NASHUA and motor express under it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

That is sad indeed, there is a company down here called eastern industries, I used to see there R model dumps everywhere but the last few years it seems like they just faded away or maybe its just me but I don't see them as often as I used to. Hopefully thoses nashua trucks will be bought by some other US company that can make a buck with them.

Their closing statement says it all, there is no money left behind the wheel, it's all spoken for before it gets there,from behind the desk.....

Nashua Motor Express has ceased operations effective January 31, 2013 after 92 years of traveling the roads of New England.

Thank you to our wonderful customers and loyal employees, we will miss you.

We have decided to park the trucks and continue our logistics division.

That is sad indeed, there is a company down here called eastern industries, I used to see there R model dumps everywhere but the last few years it seems like they just faded away or maybe its just me but I don't see them as often as I used to. Hopefully thoses nashua trucks will be bought by some other US company that can make a buck with them.

Eastern Industries, is still around. They own several quarries and asphalt plants and still run their R models. The aggregate business is still pretty stagnant

as i said before,,,all the good company,s are all fading,,,nothing left but shitty jobs anymore,,,least thats the way it is here,,,if your willing to drive a volvo,,,and work for 35 cents a mile,,,thiers plenty of work,,,take your pick....bob

forgot the most important parts... wear flip flops, boxing shorts and drive a PLAIN WHITE boring truck

geeeeesus aint that the way it is,,,these cheese dicks show up all the time at my place like that,,,looks like thier going to the beach...bob
  • Like 1

geeeeesus aint that the way it is,,,these cheese dicks show up all the time at my place like that,,,looks like thier going to the beach...bob

You guys are forgetting two most important items in the dress code-flat brim baseball hat at a 45 degree angle pulled over the upper ears plus no air in the seat so you can barely see over the dashboard!

• Like 1