Hello - A 'Newbie'

ssgteverett

Greetings to one and all,

I have enjoyed reading the material off 'bigmacktrucks' for awhile and finally decided to join.

Mainly for historical information concerning the Mack and the simply pleasure at admiring your mighty fine rides, here.

I had the pleasure of meeting Robert [Mack] Brown, when he had his yard, along old Hwy 99, back when I patrolled in the area - He was always giving me a bad time bout coffee and donuts [cop food, ya know]. He was the one, who got me interested in old Mack trucks. [it was here, on the forum, I learned of his passing]

'No', I own none - That is the full-sized variety Mack. But, I do so much enjoy them... Beautiful trucks. I enjoy building a model here and there [my history interest plays well into this aspect], photography and 'road trips.

Again, 'thank you' for the welcome.

Ed -

post-13674-0-97818800-1357532712_thumb.j

post-13674-0-24026900-1357532846_thumb.j

post-13674-0-03450600-1357533615_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thank you, for the compliments and all the 'welcomes'.

I will try to work on some more photography - I recently switched over from 35mm film, to digital. I believe, I have more photo's on slide/negative. I will try [time permitting], try to post some more. I had some from Bob Brown's yard...If I find them [one I always liked was the Bucyrus-Erie, mounted on an AC bed, from the Bremerton Naval Shipyard], I'll work on them. Recently moved - We know how that goes...

• Like 1

Thank you, for the compliments and all the 'welcomes'.

I will try to work on some more photography - I recently switched over from 35mm film, to digital. I believe, I have more photo's on slide/negative. I will try [time permitting], try to post some more. I had some from Bob Brown's yard...If I find them [one I always liked was the Bucyrus-Erie, mounted on an AC bed, from the Bremerton Naval Shipyard], I'll work on them. Recently moved - We know how that goes...

About a year ago I traded my 35mm and medium format equipment for a Canon 7D digital camera. I have a bunch of slides and negatives too. Let me know if you find a good quality but inexpensive dedicated slide/negative scanner that will convert to JPG.

P.S. one thing about this forum....we like pics!! aparat.gif

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Welcome aboard! Mack fans are always welcome here,and PICTURES are always welcome,plese refer to acticle 19,paragraph 3 section39.88 of your BMT new member responsibilty welcome handbook!.......................................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Welcome ssgteverett,Bob Brown is the reason I joined the ATHS back in 1986! I was stationed at Ft. Lewis at the time and was just about ready to get out,when I figured I should at least stop by and say "hello" (or good-bye in my case).He and his wife were nicer than pie to me and I got to walk around and snap pictures all day and shoot the breeze with them.Nice people that I will never forget either.You wonder just how many people were influanced by Bob? He had a long history with Mack Trucks.I think in one account I read,he started as a mechanic at the old Seattle branch. And before too long, was running the whole place as the branch manager!Again,welcome!

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA