Chicago R models

Jerry Thompson sent me pics of that truck when it first was for sale,i'd sure like to know what he sold it to the Nigerians for. I thought he was kinda high and didn't care for the fuller super 10,so I made an offer,but was turned down.

I put together the sale and got $18K out of it.

• Like 1

The same guy that owned the Superliner also owned an R-model before that. Was told that it was Mr. Tanzillo's truck

before and it got a blue paint, then the guy decided to get rid of it and the truck was bought by an exporter. I have one

picture of it from a show a few years back. It's the truck behind the Kamp trucks. Brad or Trent correct me if I'm wrong

on the details of this truck. Was pretty sure that was the story on this one.

Pretty much sums it up. He got good money out of that one too.

Too early to look for truck shows think there is one in union il was hauling fill from Naperville on I 88 wed thur and fri to hearland disposal on 25 in aurora and saw stark 42 westbound state boys are heavy on that route since that accident

Test drove a Roy's R kitted from an older Cruise-Liner in the early '90's. Drove like a new one. By time we got back to N.I. MACK,it had been sold!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Do you guys know who has the very sharpe r model that's red and white and says d.a.l.e on the door looks like it just rolled out of the dealer all chrome and polish and looked like it was pulling a new east genesis dump trailer on I 88 thursday

I came across a couple older pictures of some Roys Transfer trucks from Rochelle IL. I'll post the R for an example and there

is a link below to the rest of the pictures. The B-model is just awesome. The link is to another forum where this guy said that

these were his dads trucks when he drove for Roys. If you scroll a little ways down he explains where the trucks were at and

what they were hauling. Love the B in the pictures.

http://www.67-72chevyboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2430

Thanks for the link. Nice shots of old working Macks.

The weird thing is that at the bottom of the thread, that board has a "glenlunberg" too. Same mannerisms and hyperlink. Coincidence?

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

That brown R model belongs to Jim Spinolas of Union,Il. I want to say it's an '87 R688ST,350 9 or a 10 speed (?).Jim has owned it since '88 or so! Says he'll retire in it!

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

You Chi town guys. What is the best way to get into Norfolk Southern's Yard. Coming from Ia.? Hey Mike I lost your number as the phone with it got stolen and friggen Iphone didn't back up to a droid application now. Be rolling up past your place tomorrow.

You Chi town guys. What is the best way to get into Norfolk Southern's Yard. Coming from Ia.? Hey Mike I lost your number as the phone with it got stolen and friggen Iphone didn't back up to a droid application now. Be rolling up past your place tomorrow.

Loaded or empty,oversized? ..i.I think the main entrance is off 63rd street? If that's they NS yard your talking about...they are doing lots of construction west of the yard by I94 and wentworth.If your legal and If your coming from I-80 take 57north to 94 west exit 59th and go back over the expressway then take the east94 frontage rd ( south yale) back to 63rd st. I think 63rd is 13'8" under all the rail road tracks. The bridges down that way can get narrow for over sized stuff...

If your coming from I-88 , you have some options to zig zag to get to the south side....I would take 88 to 294 south to 55 north to 94 east. Little longer more tolls but less traffic. Exit 63rd and make a left at the top of the ramp follow 63 to the yard..on your right. Or do I-88 to 290 east thru downtown to 94 east to 63rd...this way will have more traffic but less tolls.

So today I was on rand rd and rt 53 ts 6-6:30 and saw a stark Mack with block on asumming they were leaving northfield block saw another with block on the saw one on i88 with brick on man dot work that rt 53 and lake cook rd hard saw poratble scales and 7 state boys ther at 7:30 am today